Senior Pentester Specialist
Remote - US
Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing and remote-first globally distributed cybersecurity start-up with hubs in San Francisco, Boston, and Berlin. We connect global security talent with businesses by providing Pentesting as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We're seeking an inspiring, passionate Senior Pentester Specialist to help create the best pentesting community experience at Cobalt. As the Senior Pentester Specialist, you'll manage technical projects to empower and grow Cobalt’s evolving pentester community.
You're a pentester at heart who wants to maintain your hands-on technical focus by collaborating with a team to deliver pentests. You'll be a part of the Cobalt Core Pentest Community and focus on improving the overall pentester experience with your technical perspective.
What You Would Do
- Manage technical projects and skills assessments that enable the global Cobalt pentest community to level up, cross-train, and collaborate technically amongst each other.
- Build and oversee global Cobalt Core Centers of Excellence. Cultivate belonging and inclusiveness within the Cobalt pentest community.
- Lead pentester quality and satisfaction efforts. Represent the “Voice of the Pentester” and partner with Product and PenOps teams to keep Cobalt’s pentester community happy, eager, and engaged.
- Lead by example. Join the Cobalt Core Pentester Community and engage by helping the pentest community and being in the trenches as a pentester.
You Must Have
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, MIS, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of hands-on pentesting experience, ideally in two or more of the following categories: web applications, API, mobile, network, cloud configuration. (The interview process for this role includes a technical skills assessment.)
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience as a security engineer or security team leader in a corporate or enterprise environment.
- Ability to organize, manage, and report on multiple projects at one time
- Team player, effective communicator, and dependable
- Professional demeanor over impersonal communication mediums (slack, email, etc.)
- Eagerness to learn, adapt, and perfect your work; you collaborate and innovate!
Nice to Have
- OSCP, eCPPT, GPEN, Pentest +, C|EH, or any relevant pentesting certifications
- Experience with CTF’s, HackTheBox, and other Pentest Training
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & equity plan
- Flexible time-off, remote working from anywhere in the US/Germany and travel policies
- Paid parental leave
- Ongoing mentorship opportunities & management coaching
- Stipends for wellness work-from-home and learning & development
- Paid lunches 3x per week
- 401(k) to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance policies (US only)