Cyber Security Engineer, Verification & Validation
Company: Argo AI GmbH
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The cybersecurity team at Argo ensures that our ecosystem of internal infrastructure and our vehicle systems are protected from harmful attacks, unauthorized access, and anything else that could interfere with the safety of our employees or the operation of any self-driving vehicle.
What you’ll do:
- Create a V&V strategy for security requirements
- Traceability between requirements, test cases, and different hierarchies
- Developing and reporting KPIs for test data
- Interface with vehicle OEM partners to ensure that the security verification plan meets product, regulatory and business needs
- Work with security requirement owners to ensure that all requirements are verifiable and are linked to test cases with well defined pass/fail criteria
- Work closely with internal product and engineering teams (Software and Hardware) to formulate security strategies that are compatible with the product development and feature rollout schedule
- Work with engineering leadership to ensure that security verification plans are coherent and in sync
- Establish best practices to publish status and progress towards verification and validation of requirements throughout the product development lifecycle
- Refine our system and software level test cases to ensure compliance with our system and software level security requirements
- Analyze tools for and results of secure code analyzers and work with Security leadership and software leads on secure development practices
- Security test suite execution and reporting automation
- Build up the processes and tooling for automated security code review
- Understand the competitive self-driving vehicle landscape and the safety/security standards
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in automotive cyber security or embedded systems
- Expertise applying and tailoring existing security practices such as the Cyber Security Standards (ISO 21434, SAE J3061), vulnerability management standards
- Familiarity with security design patterns for software and systems
- Familiarity with CI/CD build eco system, one or more Programming Languages
- Ability to develop and explain technical decisions and recommendations effectively with technical and non-technical audiences through verbal and written communications that lead to actionable and measurable improvements
- Proven ability to perform meticulous work with careful attention to detail but performed in a very fast-paced and exciting environment to identify threats, defects and weaknesses in complex systems, and to identify process improvement opportunities
- Experience developing, testing or validating the security of high-performance complex systems, preferably those that include safety critical hardware, software, sensing, and actuation components
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools (Jama, DOORS) along with the ability to script and automate querying and reporting on large amounts of data
- Ability to put together comprehensive test reporting and report out to the broader organization
- Experience with modern test planning and reporting tools such as Jira or Polarion
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives.
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.