Senior Security Engineer
Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
The Managed Services Security Operations Centre team is steadfast to deliver a world class managed security services for our customers. This practice consists of a dedicated team focusing on responding to our immediate customer needs and continuous service improvement. Team members rely on each other for success and positive customer outcome is front of mind in each interaction.
The SOC Senior Security Specialist role is responsible for our Managed Security Service customers. The Senior Security Specialist has the remit of assessing, discovering and directing remediation of security vulnerabilities within client environments whilst working as part of a managed security team on various cyber security projects and tasks. This role involves working with all levels of engineers, SOC Analysts, clients and other stakeholders in managing security services and systems which are kept up-to-date and relevant in the rapidly evolving Managed Security Services industry. This is a senior technical role which interacts with our customers and expected to provide 3rd level support for the current services as well as supporting, mentoring and coaching colleagues.
- Experience of working in a Cyber Security Operations Centre or Cloud Security Operations equivalent.
- Be a subject matter expert across Managed Security Services and be the primary technical escalation point for escalated SOC incidents.
- Handle internal and client escalations by engaging with key stakeholders and handling events as part of the Security Incident Management Process
- Threat intelligence gathering to ensure that detection methods are effective against current threats and hunt for suspicious activity based on anomalous activity.
- Prepare detailed reports, providing information on findings, status and progress of investigations, as well as vulnerability and risk factors.
- Produce incident response playbooks to drive a consistent approach to handling common incidents and improve operational processes.
- Professional security related certifications, for example, CCSP, CISSP CISM, CISA and CEH , Network Security related.
- Good to have or willing to work towards achieving Microsoft Cyber Security Certifications such as SC-200, SC-300 and AZ-500
- Broad experience of AD, Azure AD, IAM, PIM, RBAC, PAM, SIEM/SOAR, AV, IDS/IPS and MDM solutions
- Possess technical knowledge of enterprise and cloud security architecture, including products capabilities and awareness of industry standards – PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, NIST
- Sound knowledge on Microsoft Azure Cloud Security tools such as Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Defender for Cloud and Microsoft Azure security technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills.
What’s in it for you?
As a valued member of ‘Logicalis' you will enjoy several benefits, such as;
- Modern offices: located in Melbourne, Sydney, and Malaysia
- Supportive team environment: Confidential pulse checks tell us we are known for being "Unselfish with knowledge", "Flexible and Diverse" and "Give a shout-out and there will always be help"
- Pick your own adventure: Our people have moved from Help-desk to Cloud-Engineering. Admin to Project/Program Management. Project Management to Product Development. If something interests you, we’ll fund you to learn it, so you can become it!
- Breadth of experience and purpose: People here can have an idea, make a plan, and see it through. Our people enjoy genuinely impacting change and controlling their professional success.
- Flexible, modern, working arrangements: Find your own method for collaboration and productivity to achieve a happy balance.
About Logicalis Asia Pacific MSC
Logicalis Asia Pacific is a division of the Logicalis Group, an international IT Solutions Integrator who employs 5,800+ staff, across 65 locations worldwide. With operations in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Cyberjaya, Malaysia. Logicalis Australia enables organisations to transform their internal capabilities and gain greater business value from their IT investment.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Azure CCSP CEH CISA CISM CISSP Cloud IAM IDS Incident response IPS ISO 27001 Network security NIST SIEM SOAR SOC Threat intelligence Vulnerabilities
Perks/benefits: Career development Flex hours Team events
More jobs like this
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 91K - 147K * USD 91K+ *
Senior Cybersecurity Engineer | MelbourneAutomation Azure CrowdStrike EDR Firewalls ITIL PowerShell +5
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Team events +1
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs