Senior Product Security Engineer (Cloud Platform)
Canada - Vancouver
HashiCorpHashiCorp delivers consistent workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp builds products that solve development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. Our open source software is used by millions of users to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. The Global 2000 uses our enterprise software to accelerate application delivery and drive innovation through software.
We are looking for Product Security Engineers to help scale our product security function, which works closely with engineering & product management to ensure that security is appropriately addressed across the HashiCorp suite of cloud and self-managed products.
Security at HashiCorp is a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to secure architecture and design of HashiCorp products, with a specific focus on the HashiCorp Cloud Platform (https://cloud.hashicorp.com/).
- Work across various product and engineering teams to prioritize security features and bugs, and ensure implementation and mitigations.
- Monitor threats and vulnerabilities impacting HashiCorp products and services; triage reported vulnerabilities, identify mitigations and assess/communicate associated risk.
- Plan & execute security assessments (dynamic testing, static testing, code review, etc) and threat modeling of HashiCorp’s products, services, and associated cloud infrastructure.
- Build and implement security solutions across the product life-cycle, such as standalone security tools, CI/CD pipeline integrations, product security features/fixes, etc.
- Act as SME on multiple information security areas (e.g. security architecture, application security, threat modeling etc.)
- Assist in execution of 3rd-party audits, penetration tests, and bug bounty programs.
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of security training.
- Research emerging attack vectors and techniques.
We are looking for talented self-starters with 4+ years of security experience. We will consider experienced engineers with less security-specific experience but the desire to learn!
You may be a good fit if you have knowledge and experience around:
- Product and service architectures in modern, multi-tenant cloud environments (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS).
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Modern engineering practices, processes, and tools, particularly related to the Go programming language and ecosystem.
- Secure development practices, and integration into broader engineering activities.
- Secure operations practices, specifically wrt. cloud environments.
- Application and infrastructure security testing methodologies and tools.
- Security design / architecture and threat modeling.
- Vulnerabilities (old and new), and options for defense / mitigation.
- Product vulnerability management lifecycle.
- Security audits, penetration tests, and/or bug bounty programs.
- Cryptography and cryptographic libraries.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Application security Audits AWS Azure CI/CD Cloud Cryptography GCP IaaS Open Source PaaS Product security SaaS Security assessment Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs