Junior Security Engineer, Permanently Remote
McLean, Virginia, United States - Remote
AvolutionLeader in Gartner MQ for Enterprise Architecture tools, and with highest scores in every Gartner's Critical Capabilities Use Case, ABACUS will support your team: collaboration, modeling, roadmapping, analytics and communication. Easily...
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that works with some of the largest organizations across the globe?
Are you a motivated, self-starter with technical experience and people skills?
Does the idea of using your experience and knowledge to help customers see the value in our product sound interesting to you?
Do you want to work in a fully remote, collaborative team environment with hard-working and friendly co-workers?
If so, we want to talk to you! This is a great position for someone with a technical background who desires a good balance of interaction with people (customers) and working with a complex software solution.
This position is permanently remote.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The best of all worlds: join Avolution, a highly regarded, worldwide, financially sound and growing 20-year-old Enterprise Architecture Software company. With offices in Northern Virginia, Canada, Colombia, Sydney, Singapore, London, and the Middle East, Avolution is established as an industry leader in its Gartner Magic Quadrant and other industry reports. Be part of a smart, friendly team, and use your skills and initiative to drive growth. Benefit from our culture which is described by employees as collegial, collaborative, flexible, and supportive.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a tech savvy and skilled Junior Security Engineer to join our Americas (AMER) team. You will be involved in specific projects to support Avolution’s infrastructure security and given plenty opportunities for learning new concepts and trying new technologies. You will also be responsible for monitoring and securing internal infrastructure and systems that will enable success throughout our organization. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our Sales and Customer Success teams to manage and respond to clients’ security questionnaires.
This role will be remote and presents an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate early in their career to further their cybersecurity knowledge and skills with a highly regarded software company in a rapidly expanding industry. We require a confident professional who works well individually as well as part of a cross-departmental team environment and must enjoy the pace, variety, and rewards of working for a scaling high-growth tech company.
- Serve as the project manager and ultimately the SME related to responding to client IT and application security questionnaires.
- Act as the first line of defense to response to information security questions that are part of RFPs we respond to.
- Locate and recommend fixes and/or fix security flaws.
- Continuous monitoring of company information security.
- Create necessary documentation at relevant steps in the process.
- Experience/degree in Cybersecurity or similar;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with minimal direction and figuring out solutions to problems. We are looking for candidates who have the drive and motivation to continue learning and growing;
- Detail oriented and collaborative;
- Looking for a long-term career opportunity. We strongly value loyalty to the company and long-term employees. If you are looking for a short-term position (i.e. less than 2-3 years) it would not be a good fit.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux hardening techniques and standards
- Knowledge of security best practices from NIST, ISO, MITRE, etc. is a plus
- Basic networking and network security knowledge
- Basic system administration
- Good system diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of AWS services (EC2, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, etc.) and Relevant certification(s) such as CompTIA Security+ would be a plus
- Ability to work from anywhere within the US
- Opportunity to join in-person team retreats
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage that includes health, dental and eye insurance
- 401K with company matching (after the first 6 months)
- Life Insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- 20 annual PTO days that you are encouraged to use
- 1 day of birthday leave per year
- 10 annual sick days
- Paid parental leave
- New employee home office allowance
- Annual home office allowance
All applicants must have the right to work in the United States. Avolution is an equal opportunities employer.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Application security AWS CompTIA EC2 Lambda Linux Monitoring Network security NIST S3 Windows
Perks/benefits: Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance Parental leave Startup environment Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs