Chief Information Security Officer
New York, NY, United States
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This position can be based in our New York or Washington offices or remote within the United States.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an information security leader with a background in security architecture or engineering. You have experience developing, implementing, and managing complex security programs that reduce operational risk.
You understand the importance of being flexible, creative, and resourceful in order to design an information security program that addresses the specific business challenges of an innovative, fast-growing SaaS platform. You know how to interact and communicate across the organization, using your domain knowledge and acumen to inspire confidence and trust amongst both technology and business leaders.
As Dataminr's Chief Information Security Officer, you'll own all elements of Dataminr's global information security program and be accountable for the security and protection of all information entrusted to Dataminr by its customers, partners, and employees. Ultimately, you'll be responsible for creating an organizational culture where information security is ingrained into the fabric of Dataminr's standard business operations.
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of Dataminr's security needs, priorities and opportunities in order to visualize, create, and execute on an information security program from its inception
- Design and develop an information security program roadmap to align and scale with company growth
- Lead security assessment and testing processes, including but not limited to penetration testing, vulnerability management, and secure software development at a global level
- Plan for and manage incident response plans while minimizing effect on the business
- Develop and extend security tooling and automation efforts across the organization
- Proactively identify security issues and potential threats and continuously build processes and design systems to watch for and protect against them
- Lead compliance activities including external audits, regulatory compliance projects, and overall information security reviews
- Educate the organization about these threats and implement threat protection measures at a global level
- Serve as information security expert in front of the Executive team
- Advocate for secure application and infrastructure best practices, ensuring a security presence at all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Manage relationships with external information security technology vendors and specialized information security professional services firms
- Attract, develop, and retain a highly talented team as the information security program grows
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the information security space, preferably with both large and small, high-growth companies
- Expert experience with cloud security, platforms and services, including understanding of current security offerings from leading cloud service providers (e.g. AWS), and their applicability to securing a SaaS enterprise security environment
- Experience in the evaluation and implementation of industry standard enterprise wide information security technologies and concepts, including but not limited to: Application Security, Cloud Security (AWS), Data Loss Prevention, Security Event Management, GRC Tools, Threat and Vulnerability Management and Identity and Access Management.
- Clear understanding of relevant information security governance, technical and security standards and regulations
- Familiarity with industry security standards including NIST 800-53, ISO 27001 and ISO 27018 as well as current data privacy regulations, including GDPR and regional standards.
- Deep knowledge of networking and network security
- Strong understanding and experience with Secure SDLC and DevSecOps or security automation
- Ability to work under pressure across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.