Tier 2 Insider Threat Analyst
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Cyber Threat Analyst.
- Minimum of a current Top Secret Clearance. In addition to specific clearance requirements all Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to have or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering Field, IT, or Cybersecurity or related field
- 3+ years of experience be in the areas of incident detection and response, remediation malware analysis, or computer forensics.
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- SANS GIAC: GCIA, GCFA, GPEN GCFE, GREM, or GCIH ISC2 CCFP, CCSP, CISSP, CERT CSIH EC Council: CHFI, Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE Encase: EnCE, DOD 8570: IAT L3, CNDSP Analyst or IR Carnegie Mellon: CSIH
- The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of multiple Operating Systems, monitoring and detection techniques and methods, and Incident Response Lifecycle. The candidate must be familiar with the operation of common protocols, network intrusion detection systems, and endpoint detection and response tools. Experience using PowerShell, Python, or Bash to automate common tasks is highly preferred.
- Conduct investigations by analyzing and verifying information utilizing log analysis, digital evidence collection and forensic procedures.
- Use Network and Host based tools to monitor and detect potential threats and unauthorized activity across Windows, Unix, Cloud, and Mobile devices.
- Perform forensic and memory analysis on Windows, Unix, Mobile, and Cloud devices and infrastructure.
- Develop and update security content such as IDS signatures. SIEM queries, alerts, and dashboards, Standard Operating Procedures, and other detection and mitigation measures.
- Identify network visibility and technology gaps to make recommendations to improve the organizations overall security posture.
- Automate procedures and develop code to eliminate repetitive manual tasks.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other entities within and outside the SOC.
- Between 1-2 years of experience in two or more of these specialized areas:
- Insider Threat
- Digital media forensic
- Monitoring and detection
- Incident Response
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP & MINIMUM OF TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.