Senior Director, Container Security – Cybersecurity Products
Foster City, CA, United States
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa has fully embraced containerization technologies that enable us to move to microservices-based application architectures and be able to deploy at scale. To secure such environments, Visa's cybersecurity product team engineered a cybersecurity product which enforce and controls Microsegementation to secure east/west traffic in public and private cloud environments utilizing a Zero Trust model. This role will lead this software engineering/product team as its Senior Director, as they continue to build on this world-class product.
Operate as the chief architect for this cybersecurity product, continuously enhancing it to combat threats against this platform
Function as people manager and lead software engineer of this cybersecurity product, contributing directly to the code base
Understand Visa Network architecture and work with Visa's container and platform experts to implement rapid POCs and pilots to demonstrate feasibility of new capabilities and technologies and align security defenses to such capabilities
Partner closely with application and infrastructure teams in ensuring network and container security best practices implemented using the Visa product and native Linux/K8s security capabilities and the infrastructure security automation can be self-service
Interacts internally and externally with thought leaders across regions, requiring influencing skills
Applies creative thinking/approach to determine solutions that further Business Goals and align with Technology Strategies
Ability to communicate on cybersecurity topics to diverse audiences, from new-hire engineers to senior executives and customers
Capability to conduct original research, or guide the research of colleagues, to solve complex problems through empirical methods and experimentation
Demonstrate technical mastery and be an inspirational leader and mentor who continuously develops the competencies of their self and others
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
• Experience: 10+ years of product-oriented software development experience with at least 7+ years of leading a team.
• Software Engineering: The candidate must have software engineering background in functional or object-oriented programming languages such as Golang, C++, Rust or Scala and deployed solutions with at least 1000+ lines of code (academic/professionally)
• Experience developing for and using Linux
15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
• Expert in Unix shell scripting and a scripting language (e.g., Python/Perl)
• Container technologies background: At least 3 years of hands-on experience with containers in production environment - Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes preferred
• Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
• Experience with microservices networking and managing cloud infrastructure
• Proficiency in scripting and automation skills, converting manual and maintenance functions into fully orchestrated automation
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
• Proven track record of taking research concepts from ideation to productization
• Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST)
• Understanding of networking concepts incl. iptables, ipsets, iproute2, eBPF
• Experience with Big Data Platform/Engineering (Hadoop, Spark, Snowflake, etc.)
• Experience working with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Experience with creating data driven business solutions using a wide variety of technologies
• Prior knowledge of Cybersecurity in the Payments industry is highly desirable
• Detail- and results-oriented, able to analyze data to justify product decisions and apply key learnings.
• Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools (e.g., Jira, Rally)
• Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability
• Experience in applied cryptography and how it is leveraged in product, protocol, and network design is preferred
• Experience with AI and machine learning
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 192,700 to 265,000 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Automation AWS Azure Big Data C Cloud Cryptography Docker GCP Golang IPtables Jira JSON Kanban Kubernetes Linux Machine Learning Microservices NoSQL Perl PhD POCs Python Rust Scala Scripting Scrum UNIX XML
Perks/benefits: Career development Equity Health care Insurance Salary bonus Wellness
More jobs like this
Bellevue, WA, United States Bellevue, WA, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 185K - 250K USD 185K+
Managing Director - Cybersecurity EngineeringAndroid Automation AWS Azure Blockchain C CCPA +39
Career development Cell phone stipend Equity Fitness / gym Flex hours +7
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs