Legal & Compliance Analyst
Lehi, Utah, United States
Weave HQWeave brings together a world-class phone system and a suite of communication tools, so it's easy to automate more tasks, keep schedules full, get paid faster, collect more reviews and much more.
As a Legal & Compliance Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting the company’s Chief Legal Officer and the Legal & Compliance team with various administrative and paraprofessional tasks related to the negotiation and tracking of agreements, regulatory compliance, risk management, data privacy, data protection, information security and the provision of legal guidance to the company’s leaders and business teams.
This includes supporting the developing and maintaining policies, procedures, and strategy related to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, such as HIPAA, CCPA/CPRA, PIPEDA, NIST, SOX, PCI-DSS, FCC rules, FTC rules, FCPA, anti-bribery laws, etc.
The Legal & Compliance analyst will also assist with regulatory research to understand evolving requirements, how they apply to Weave operations, and support future product and market expansion. Although no prior legal experience is necessary, this position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization, critical thinking ability, and an active, inquisitive mind.
- This position will be hybrid remote/in office
- Reports to: Erin Goodsell, Chief Legal Officer
What You Will Own
- Assist in reviewing, editing, and negotiating non-disclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements, joinders, non-reliance letters, data processing agreements, data transfer agreements, business associate agreements and other agreements
- Provide support by making initial determinations regarding privacy-related access requests and other inquiries and working within Legal to review federal, state and international data privacy and data protection laws, regulations and frameworks
- Perform research on both legal and compliance topics, and undertake ad-hoc projects
- Help implement legal risk management and other processes to enable the quality delivery of legal advice and services to the company’s business teams and leaders
- Apply standard provisions from contract templates to commercial agreements
- Understand and communicate policies and positions on various issues relating to data protection and the negotiation of commercial agreements
- Serve as initial point of contact for certain categories of requests from business teams
- Track third party vendor screening and agreement progress, internal approvals and status
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of policies and standards across Weave.
- Consult with internal teams and stakeholders to ensure that legal, privacy, security, and compliance risks are effectively addressed.
- Develop and communicate guidelines to Weave customers and internal departments and teams to ensure they are aware of regulatory requirements. Provide support for day-to-day compliance related questions and issues from across all departments.
- Develop and document compliance reports and required regulatory filings, including breach notifications, consumer complaints, and data subject requests.
What You Will Need to Accomplish the Job:
- 0-4 years of work experience in one or more of the following areas: legal, risk management, compliance, auditing, information security.
- Strong organizational and time management skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; should be able to communicate complex topics in an articulate and thoughtful manner with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to have frequent, effective interactions with wide array of personnel
- Willingness to take initiative; be highly motivated and ambitious
- Strong attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Strong critical thinking skills and analytical ability; possess an inquisitive nature
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with varying deadlines and/or established timeframes
What Will Make Us Love You:
- Proficiency with an array of computer applications
- Bachelor’s degree and record of exceptional academic performance
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and security and privacy best practice frameworks, such as HIPAA, PIPEDA, CCPA/CPRA, GDPR, NIST, ISO, SOX, PCI-DSS, FCC rules, FTC rules, FCPA, anti-bribery laws, and others
- Experience working at a publicly traded company
Weave is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome anyone who is hungry to learn, problem-solve and progress regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Perks/benefits: Flex vacation
More jobs like this
Washington, District of Columbia, … Washington, District of Columbia, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 180K - 250K USD 180K+
Director of Security Engineering & ComplianceAPIs Audits C Cloud Compliance Crypto Pentesting +4
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Highlands Ranch, CO, United … Highlands Ranch, CO, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 67K - 112K * USD 67K+ *
Cybersecurity Operations Analyst, Applied CryptographyAutomation Certificate management Cloud Compliance Cryptography Encryption FIPS 140-2 +2
Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance +2
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs