Security DevOps Engineer
Abarca HealthPlans and employers deserve intelligent, flexible and user-friendly PBM services. We built a platform with infinite possibilities.
What you’ll do
In a few words…
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning.
Our Information Security team is critical for success at Abarca Health. They handle the days in and days out of the entire architecture of our systems from data processing to server updates and stability. The Information Security team's focus is to monitor, detect, investigate and respond to events that could lead to incidents. They are involved in planning and implementing preventative security measures and oversee the security operations as a whole, which includes protecting IT infrastructure, networks, data, edge devices and identify any exploitation, whether accidental or intentional.
As our Security DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for securing all data, systems, and applications with the highest security standards. Collaborating with cross functional teams such as DevOps, Infrastructure, Product and others, this role will lead the efforts for securing code to help improve the security of their products and services, as well as designing technical solutions to address security weaknesses, and guide their implementation towards reducing or eliminating risk.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Collaborate with engineers throughout the SDLC to identify security vulnerabilities in code and develop mitigation recommendations.
- Perform code reviews, project security reviews, penetration testing support, and application scanning processes throughout the stages of the software and system development lifecycle (SDLC.)
- Assist in defining security requirements and review of systems to determine compliance with established security standards.
- Review and manage security bug intake and remediation process for the organization.
- Provide intelligent orchestration of continuous integration/continuous deployment in the build and release pipeline for application vulnerability scanning and penetration testing remediation without compromising development velocity.
- Provide support to the Information Security management on all application security activities.
- Design pipeline security systems and establish stop gates.
- Monitor and provide metrics on security and solution performance.
- Enhance pipeline workflows, design solutions, and recommend changes or enhancements as needed to improve efficiency through automation and scalability.
- Assist in the response and forensics of incidents and render support to the security incident response team and SOC partner as required.
- Represent the organization in Information Security programs.
- Actively participate in security initiatives with minimum supervision.
- Function as a subject matter expert for security solutions within the organization’s platform.
- Provide guidance to security engineers.
- Identify process improvements opportunities.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or another related field. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered.)
- 3+ years of experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of security into infrastructure, platforms, or software.
- Experience with implementing security standards like OWASP, CIS, STIG, and NIST RMF.
- Experience securing production environments hosted in Cloud with access to sensitive and confidential customer data.
- Experience working within container orchestration solutions such as Kubernetes or Docker.
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management using tools like Jenkins, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience securing cloud environments and developing hardening policies to prevent against cyber exploitation.
- Experience with procedures, standards, and regulations for authorization and authentication, applied cryptography, and security vulnerabilities.
- A deep interest in implementing the latest industry advancements in software security and exploitation techniques.
- Analytical and Critical thinking, Accountability, Strategic thinking and planning, problem solving, Software Development, Debugging, working in teams, and Attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Nice to haves…
- Knowledge in Angular.
- Knowledge of the Healthcare, Pharmacy, and Pharmacy Benefit Management industries, Medicare Part D, and CMS regulations is a plus.
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Solution seeker
- Action for Bias
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. “Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not this time currently sponsor employment visas”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Remote in the United … Remote in the United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 135K * USD 60K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Application Security Engineer - Mid-Atlantic (Remote)APIs Application security Burp Suite C Checkmarx Computer Science DAST +9
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation
Remote in NC, VA, … Remote in NC, VA, WV, MD, DC, … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 132K - 190K * USD 132K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Senior Security Engineer (Splunk) - Mid-Atlantic Region (Remote)Ansible Bash Cloud CrowdStrike Firewalls Java Linux +11
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Team events
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs