Senior Security Engineer - Security Applications Development
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla’s ITEO Security Engineering Team is looking for a software development-focused Security Engineer to help create the next generation of our in-house security tooling. This position will be responsible for writing and maintaining code in areas like cryptography, cloud security automation, detection, and other security areas. As a security engineer you will also work closely with the rest of the SecEng team and other partner groups on a variety of general security related projects and tasks.
As a Security Development Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Create scalable, maintainable applications primarily in Python and Golang to support MoCo’s security operations and product use cases
- Write, maintain, and expand automation scripts and monitoring tools
- Protect the services which Mozilla Corporation and our products like Firefox and others depend on from attacks and abuses
- Work with developers and operations teams across the organization to keep the Firefox backend infrastructure safe
Your Professional Profile
This role involves heavy coding, along with other SecOps and engineering tasks. You should be very well versed in Python and Go with other languages as well being a plus. You should also feel comfortable running infrastructure in cloud for the code you write and documenting your applications for other ops teams to run with. Relevant skills include:
- Real-world experience writing security-centric applications in Python and Go. We prefer Python, but actively use both in our stack.
- Understand how to write and deploy container-based applications in public cloud (GCP, AWS) - especially in ways that can scale out automatically.
- Have some knowledge in areas such as SecOps, cloud, vulnerability management, application security, or other related fields.
- A B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge, however real-world experience is preferred.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.Group: D
#LI-REMOTE Req ID: R1731
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
More jobs like this
Remote in the United … Remote in the United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 135K * USD 60K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Application Security Engineer - Mid-Atlantic (Remote)APIs Application security Burp Suite C Checkmarx Computer Science DAST +9
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation
Remote in NC, VA, … Remote in NC, VA, WV, MD, DC, … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 132K - 190K * USD 132K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Senior Security Engineer (Splunk) - Mid-Atlantic Region (Remote)Ansible Bash Cloud CrowdStrike Firewalls Java Linux +11
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Team events
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs