IT Security Consultant / Officer
VattenfallVattenfall is a leading European energy company and right now we are working towards fossil free living within one generation. Read more about us here.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20 000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
Do you want to work internationally on securing our IT landscape? Both act in projects as our IT Security Officer and in others provide internal Consultancy?
IT Security is continuously increasing in it’s importance at Vattenfall. Our highly secured assets spread over different European countries; the fast evolving digitalization; cyber threats and local security regulations makes our work both challenging and interesting.
You will work in an international team of experts in IT Security. We advise and steer on group policy towards all levels of the organization and external partners. You do this by:
- Developing IT security standards and guidelines
- Identifying, rating and reporting IT Security risks
- Validating and assessing the risk for certain IT security changes
- Performing security reviews and threat modelling sessions, as well as reporting the findings on a risk based approach
- Ensuring compliance with IT Security standards
- Embedding security in IT architectural building blocks and solution designs
- Development of IT security architecture and initiating security improvement initiatives
- Consulting and guiding the Security Operations teams based on the Cyber Kill Chain Models and Cyber Threat Intelligence
You can choose to be located in one of our offices in Sweden, the Netherlands or Germany (e.g. Amsterdam, Stockholm, Berlin, Hamburg, Gothenburg, Umea, Lulea). Most work is being done virtually, but some occasional travel to one of these locations will be required.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious person who is not afraid of asking critical questions and that constantly strives for improvement. On top of that you will bring:
- A Bachelor or Academic degree
- At least five years of experience in a security expert role in an international or corporate environment
Furthermore ideally you bring:
- experience in the creation of a secure software development lifecycle.
- experience in implementation of automated security testing in the CI/CD pipeline.
- experience in application security and related concepts,
- preferably experience in Cloud Security on Microsoft Azure
- preferably experience in relevant IT/Information Security legislations in the European countries where Vattenfall operates
- good knowledge of relevant standards, such as ISO27001/2, NIST, CIS
- working knowledge of cybersecurity principles, techniques and technologies
- relevant IT Security certifications are plus. (e.g. CISSP, CSSLP, GWEB, GWAPT)
- other relevant cyber security relevant security certifications are bonus (e.g. CISM, CISA, CRISC, OSCP)
- We offer a challenging and international work environment and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field.
- You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues
- A professional environment where your business intelligence knowledge and attitude will bring us one step further.
- A central office location with easy access by public transport.
- Furthermore, a healthy work-life balance (smart working) and time to develop your profession
- At Vattenfall you get the opportunity to work for a clean energy company that aims for creating fossil free energy within one generation.
- And last but not least; International and multi-cultural work environment with energetic, motivated colleagues that like to have fun as well!
We welcome your application in English. For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Murat Kültür via phone +31611018647. For more information on the process please contact Recruiter Folmer Koper on +31 +31 6 38710915.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
We look forward to receiving your application!
More jobs like this
London, United Kingdom London, United Kingdom Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 73K - 136K * USD 73K+ *
Cybersecurity and/or Operational Resilience - Experienced ConsultantAgile APIs Cloud Compliance Governance IAM Incident response +10
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +5
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs