Cyberspace Operations Warfare Development Senior Engineer
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
The cyberspace branch Technical Director (TD) is responsible for the management and implementation of ACT activities in the NATO cyberspace operations warfare development work plan (WDWP). The incumbent is expected to support the TD in this role, mainly through the development of inputs to (cyberspace operations related) analysis, studies and concepts, as well as the execution of concept verification and validation activities. The detailed list of tasks is as follows:
- Conduct a brief literature review of existing NATO doctrine, vision and strategy, policy, concepts and implementation efforts in the area of cyberspace operations.
- Support the cyberspace branch TD in the development and coordination of the NATO cyberspace operations warfare development work plan (WDWP).
- Support the TD in the development of inputs for on-going and planned cyberspace strategic outlook analysis, feasibility studies, technical and operational concepts and technical studies.
- Support the cyberspace branch Federation and Engagement Staff Officer in connecting to and building relevant communities of interest (NATO, nations, industry, and Academia), in support of the development and implementation of the WDWP activities. This might include the organization of meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Based on inputs collected during meetings, workshops and direct engagements, contribute to other ongoing concept/strategy/study development efforts.
- Support concepts’/strategy papers’ finalization, staffing and approval process through the NATO Governance bodies.
- Support concept validation and experimentation activities by orchestrating/contributing to validation and verification campaigns, tests, exercises, demonstrations or experiments.
- Prepare relevant briefing materials, as required, and deliver presentations.
- Travel to meetings and conferences both within and outside NATO’s boundaries for up to 30 days per year, as required.
- Perform additional tasks, related to the contract, as required by the COTR.
- Master’s degree or equivalent national academic qualification in computer science, network security, cyber-security or related field OR Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 5 years of experience in relevant field.
- Post-graduate education in CIS security and cyber defence disciplines, as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Security Expert or ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- Familiar with the scientific concept development processes. Minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of concept development work. At least 2 of those years should be in a role of lead or main contributor.
- Demonstrated experience working in or in direct support of a national, international or multi-national cyber command, in support of C2, C3, or C5 activities. Demonstrated ability and recent experience (less than two-year old) in planning, execution and assessment of military missions in cyberspace.
- Demonstrated ability and recent experience in the process of planning, facilitation and executing workshops for various stakeholders including governmental agencies, Academia and industry.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of NATO or similar International Organisation structure, including its policy development processes and procedures.
- Administrative and office environment experience including experience with MS Office applications.
More jobs like this
Toronto, Ontario, Canada Toronto, Ontario, Canada Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 132K - 190K * USD 132K+ *
Sr. Manager/Director Security Engineering and OperationsBlockchain C Cloud Compliance Crypto ISO 27001 NIST +4
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +11
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs