Security Operations Lead
VattenfallVattenfall is a leading European energy company and right now we are working towards fossil free living within one generation. Read more about us here.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20 000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
Will you help us in developing and executing our future Security Operations approach for our whole IT department?
Because of fast growing security developments and threats we want to enhance our security organization by increasing operational security in our delivery units.
To realise this ambition we will set-up a new, technical oriented security operations team focussing on implementing security related improvements for the whole IT landscape.
As a Security operations lead you will build and manage a small, international team of IT engineering colleagues representing different competence areas. Together you will follow security trends, identify vulnerabilities and security findings and above all, focus on implementing improvements. In close cooperation with the Group Security Operations Centre you will develop new use cases and improvements on our security monitoring.
You will be the first point of contact for Group IT Security and IT management. You and your team will form a new, crucial success factor in creating a secure and stable IT operations . Summarized your responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate activities and manage a small team which will focus on security improvements and mitigations
- Manage and prioritize security related tasks
- Progress coordination and reporting on security related topics
- Identify and initiate new Security Operations initiatives
- Define Security baselines and initiate changes
- Translate detected vulnerability and security findings findings into plannable workable solutions that will mitigate the risk
- Handover of solutions to the line and support during implementation
- Ensure sufficient mitigation of risks in the respective area based on prioritization (identification, action & follow-up)
- Support the line organisation with execution and broaden IT Security knowledge
Our ideal candidate
Will you help us becoming fossil free in one generation? Are you ready to contribute to that goal by creating a stable and secure IT Operations Do you have experience with SecDevOps and taking up a leading role in translating security threads to secure solutions? And do you like to challenge yourself and others on how to improve? Then please apply!
Furthermore you fit the profile best if you:
- Bring the combination of up to date in depth IT security knowledge and leadership skills
- Have experience in developing a vision on SecDevOps
- Experience working on Bachelor or university level
- Have knowledge about vulnerability management
- Have knowledge of relevant standards, such as ISO27001/2, NIST, CIS
The tech stack you will be working with, of which some knowledge is beneficial:
- Linux and Microsoft Server systems, Active Directory services
- Microsoft Cloud Services; security monitoring tools (Nessus, Splunk, SIEM) and security operations
- on-premise Data Center services (Server, Storage, Network)
- Microsoft Azure, including operational processes e.g., configuration – and asset management
You can choose to be based in one of our locations in Sweden (Stockholm, Gothenburg), Poland (Katowice, or Gliwice), Germany (Hamburg or Berlin) or the Netherlands (Amsterdam Zuid-Oost). Limited travelling between these locations will be part of the job, but most of the cooperation will be done virtual.
- You will join a great team, using latest technology and aiming to keep your knowledge up to date
- We offer both internal and external trainings including certifications
- We offer a challenging and international work environment and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field.
- You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues
- A professional environment where your experience, knowledge and attitude will bring us one step further and the opportunity for you to grow further.
- A central office location with easy access by public transport
- Furthermore, a healthy work-life balance (smart / hybrid working) and time to develop your profession
- At Vattenfall you get the opportunity to work for a clean energy company that aims for creating fossil free energy within one generation.
- And last but not least; International and multi-cultural work environment with energetic, motivated colleagues that like to have fun as well!
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via our website. For more information you are welcome to contact Recruiter Folmer Koper +31 6 38710915.
Trade union representatives in Sweden are Silvija Vatkovic (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO). They may all be reached via Vattenfalls switchboard +46 (0)8-739 50 00.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. We continue to seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Since Vattenfall is a part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our services are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates might be subjected to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs