Staff Security Engineer - 2124
San Jose, CA, United States
KioxiaKIOXIA will build on its history as a world leader in memory solutions to not only meet the memory demands of the future, but to also fulfill our mission to uplift the world with memory.
KIOXIA America, Inc. is the U.S.-based subsidiary of KIOXIA Corporation, a leading worldwide supplier of flash memory and solid state drives (SSDs). From the invention of flash memory to today’s breakthrough BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory technology, KIOXIA continues to pioneer innovative memory, SSD and software solutions that enrich people's lives and expand society's horizons. The company's innovative BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory technology is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive, and data centers.
KAI is looking for a Staff Security Engineer to join the IT team in the San Jose, CA office. The ideal candidate is an all-around experienced enterprise infrastructure and security engineer with profound deployment experiences and will report to the Director, Information Technology.
- Perform server builds necessary to support project requirements while meeting approved project budgets and timelines.
- Partner with the support team to ensure new capabilities are smoothly integrated into the established operational processes, including monitoring backups, and failover/disaster recovery.
- Responsible for detailing tasks and level of effort for project managers to include in overall project scope.
- Lead troubleshooting/project completion effort in a core area of expertise.
- Serve as a point of escalation for complex systems issues.
- Ability to lift up to 60+ lbs and install servers/network/other assets.
- Proactively manage technologies within assigned areas, including providing recommendations for improving service and escalating areas that may impact service availability.
- Continuous implementation of operational best practices improvements for monitoring and maintaining server health.
- Enforce compliance regarding document retention, information security, and best practice system administrations.
- Available 7x24 to support critical infrastructure.
- Assist with audits and perform other duties as necessary.
- Self-driven engineer with at least a combined of 10+ years of system administration, networking, and security administration at enterprise level
- Excellent technical knowledge about enterprise infrastructure architecture and frameworks especially from networking and security point of view
- In depth understanding of complexities and security challenges in large-scale distributed systems
- In depth experience conducting threat modeling assessments and risk assessments
- Hands on knowledge of:
- Enterprise security (5+ years)
- Real time security breach prevention, cyber security incident management/discovery/remediation, enterprise security tool implementations, end point protection, log consolidation and monitoring, DMZ monitoring, regional security policies, data loss prevention, mobile device security
- Windows & Linux system administration (5+ years)
- Patch management, authentication, virtualization, NOC & monitoring
- Authentication systems (LDAP, VPN, SSO)
- Web technology administration
- Networking (3+ years)
- Routing, switching, next gen firewall, WAF, VLAN management, sniffer
- Experience with industry compliance standards and security best practices
Req# 2124; #LI-CB1
At KIOXIA, we value the following:
- Investment in you
- Offering opportunities for career growth and personal development training
- Open-minded management
- Empowering employees by listening and responding to ideas, issues, and approaches
- Flexible work-life balance
- Offering a generous PTO allotment, holiday shutdown, and flexible work options
- Diversity of cultures, perspectives, backgrounds and experiences of all our team members
- Through our diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, our focus is to strengthen our company culture to create more inclusion and belonging for all
- Benefits for our team members
- Excellent medical and non-medical benefits, 401(k) matching, pet insurance
KIOXIA America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Spry Squared, Inc.
DevSecOps Engineer - TOP SECRET Clearance Required - Colorado Springs/Denver/PuebloAgile Ansible Automation Bitbucket CI/CD Clearance Clearance Required +11
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs