Senior Cybersecurity Engineer-Security Architect
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our culture. Our diligence and expertise are what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier Security Architecture team, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.
We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defense. We’ll arm you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As an Architect, you’ll be enthused by getting stuck into various defense and security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with people from a range of disciplines, as well as colleagues and clients at every level
Security Architecture and Product Engineering is the team which defines and attests security architecture and standards for all Technology solutions, infrastructure, and applications. The team also engineer’s security solutions and services to reduce attack surface in Visa’s products and infrastructure.
- Engage in the initial requirements definition (including analysis of threats and risks and alignment with Product Development, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards) and providing security recommendations /requirements
- Conduct and facilitate security reviews, threat modelling including deep design reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
- Facilitate table-top/red-team/scenario analysis exercises in conjunction with other SME's, and plan the resolution of any identified vulnerabilities/issues.
- Co-ordinate penetration tests and ethical hacking exercises.
- Pro-actively research and Identify network and system vulnerabilities and provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls to reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
- Reviews results of network and application ethical hacks to determine severity of findings and to ensure proper remediation is applied.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of findings and proposed remediation and mitigations.
- You’ll be working on enabling/building security to protect the applications from attacks.
- Automate security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure transaction processing, secure coding practices.
- Identify and analyse system and application-level vulnerabilities to provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls that reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / engineering or related field and 10 plus years of experience in related Security Architecture role practices
• CISSP and CCSP Certifications preferred.
• Progressive experience in building secure applications preferably payment platforms, systems that can withstand all types of threats from various threat agents.
• Deep understanding of current compliance, regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the transaction processing industry such as PCI, HIPPA, SOX, and GLBA.
• Knowledge of administrative, physical, and technical controls that could be built around networks, systems, and applications to secure them.
• Expertise on common web and network vulnerability attacks including OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 and respective mitigation strategies.
• Understanding of cryptographic concepts and applied cryptography (SSL, AES etc.)
• Proven record of accomplishment in designing security controls for complex web applications with backend services expertise such as API Gateway, Identity and Access Management Services, Data Protection technologies, Security Information Event Management etc.
• Strong knowledge of deep design review and Secure Development Lifecycle methodologies, Agile based methodologies, middleware platforms, development platforms
• Knowledge of functional programming languages like Golang (preferred), Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly
• Technical experience with security technologies including, but not limited to, intrusion detection/prevention, event Co-relation, firewall, antivirus, anti-spam, policy enforcement, patch/configuration management, usage monitoring, audit, secure application development, etc.
• Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires travel for 0-5% of time
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: AES Agile API Gateway APIs CCSP CISSP Clojure Compliance Computer Science Cryptography Cyber defense Ethical hacking Firewalls Golang Haskell IAM Intrusion detection Monitoring OWASP SANS Scala Vulnerabilities
More jobs like this
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, … Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 55K - 102K * USD 55K+ *
Sr. Information Systems Security EngineerApplication security C CISSP Clearance Cloud Compliance DoD +18
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Health care Salary bonus +1
Bengaluru, Bengaluru North, Karnataka, … Bengaluru, Bengaluru North, Karnataka, India Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 55K - 102K * USD 55K+ *
Cloud Automation Engineer (Security)Analytics Automation AWS Azure Cloud Compliance Computer Science +19
Career development Salary bonus Team events
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs