Technology & Security Consultant IV
District of Columbia, DC, United States
Company DescriptionWe will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
AECOM seeks a Security Consultant to join the firm's Technology Solution Group based in our Washington, D.C. office. The successful candidate will provide high-level security consulting and design services to our wide cross-section of clients requiring large complex security solutions. The candidate is required to have a working knowledge of integrated security systems and devices, project management processes, and controls to accomplish project objectives with indirect supervision from Sr. Program managers and other consultants. The ability to work independently and communicate in a confident, articulate, and sensitive manner is essential. The candidate should have a passion for security innovation and quality and be able to effectively balance that with efficiency and creativity throughout the project phases of a project.
Attention to detail, coordination with other trades, and the ability to present complex security solutions to a non-technical audience is also a requirement of the successful candidate.
- Coordinate multiple departments, vendors, and assets to ensure timely and cost-effective execution of major scope milestones
- Establish collaborative partnerships among stakeholders to enable scoping, financial, and resource alignment
- Identify, document, and elevate cross-organizational and vendor-driven dependencies and work with managers and peers across the organization to develop and implement appropriate dependency management processes
- Establish appropriate project governance structures and processes by engaging executive sponsors and key stakeholders to develop proper thresholds and decision-making process
- Mentor and coach junior-level Project Management staff and matrixed team members and guide adherence to the Project Management practices and principles
- Provide financial project performance and forecasting reports to senior executives and government regulators
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with project activities and work across the organization to establish and monitor mitigation strategies
- Identify, document, and spearhead evaluation of changes based on cost, schedule, risk, scope impacts, and cross-functional dependencies
- Develop and maintain required project management artifacts following using Project Management standards and applicable regulations
- Has a solid foundation of understanding or analysis of client business practices and goals; develops and formulates solutions to client problems on assigned projects
- Under general direction, responsible for the creation of work plans and task definitions
- Has broad technical knowledge but possesses an area of specialization or focus
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise, and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment, and new energy. We’re one global team – over 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM’s Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture. With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable, and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions. Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc., and many Fortune 500 companies.
- BA/BS plus 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position
- Ability to attain and hold a high level of security clearance from DOD and other Federal Government agencies
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment with multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency with software tools such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Teams and Outlook
- Experience in risk management, homeland security, and or infrastructure protection program
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- ASIS PSP Certification in good standing
- Direct or matrixed people management experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with technology and application of physical Access Control, CCTV, Intrusion Detection, and Intercom systems
- Presentation skills to C-Suite professionals
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
More jobs like this
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 127K - 175K USD 127K+
Palo Alto Networks
Senior Consultant, Security Research Services (Security Research Services (Unit 42) - RemoteAPIs Computer Science Forensics Incident response Machine Learning Privacy Reverse engineering +3
Career development Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment
Las Vegas, NV, United … Las Vegas, NV, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 131K - 180K USD 131K+
Palo Alto Networks
Sr Professional Consultant ICISSP Clearance Clearance Required Computer Science Firewalls Network security NGFW +2
Career development Flex vacation Medical leave Salary bonus Signing bonus
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs