Senior Software Engineer, Cybersecurity
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Motional’s Cybersecurity team works across the business to produce a secure product. We’re looking for a software engineer specialized in cybersecurity to partner with developers to help design, implement, and test secure solutions. In particular, in this role you will join projects building important security-critical software components necessary to make a self-driving vehicle. These components may cover topics within perception, planning, controls, infrastructure, mapping, etc., where you will help with the hands on work to carry out our Autonomous Vehicle Cybersecurity Development Lifecycle. This is a great way to work directly on software that makes a vehicle drive itself while making meaningful cybersecurity contributions to our product. We are open to hiring an experienced engineer enthusiastic about cross-training in software security.
The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work closely with the AV Stack Teams to develop secure software for autonomous driving systems in compliance with a Security Development Lifecycle.
- Develop new security features to prevent or mitigate attacks on AV Stack, implement and promote new quality practices, collaborate with experts to implement AV Stack algorithms using modern software engineering practices.
- Collaborate with other Cybersecurity team members to design and develop secure software for the next generation autonomous driving platforms.
- Work in a fast-paced work environment while communicating with employees in other locations
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Equivalent Knowledge and Work Experience.
- 5+ years professional experience building software for robotics, AI, cyber-physical systems, or advanced engineering projects.
- Strong programming skills in C++, experience with Python.
- Experience with Linux work environment, software, and toolchains.
- Experience with programming for multi-threaded systems.
- Experience with collecting requirements, creating software designs, and developing efficient implementations
Bonus points (not required):
- Safety certification (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 5012X, DO-178B/C, etc.)
- Dynamic analysis (sanitizers, valgrind, gcov, etc.)
- Static analysis (Coverity, Klocwork, MISRA)
- Mathematics behind robotics and sensor systems
- Secure coding (or a strong desire to learn and practice software security topics)
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs