Information Security Officer
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Making Mobility Seamless.
Vix is a global leader in automated fare collection, transit information and transit analytics solutions. Trusted by over 200 city and regional transport authorities around the world, we have been driving change in fare collection for over 35 years.
We offer a genuinely flexible working environment – customer outcomes and commitment to delivery is the focus at Vix. Work from the office, work from home, work from the local café – you’ll be able to manage your personal and professional commitments seamlessly at Vix. In fact, HRD thought it was so good, they gave Vix the excellence award in 2021 for our MyFlex program.
Our core values are a statement of intent about the type of business we strive to be and describe the way we work and how we interact with each other, our customers and our partners:
#Think like a customer
#Focus on what matters
#Do great things together
#Be smart, stay curious
Find out more about your new workplace here!
We're on the hunt for a motivated, engaged Information Security Officer to support, maintain and improve/contribute to the management of real time security operations, including real time analysis and ongoing security management across Vix’s application suite. This opportunity will suit someone with similarly aligned experience, working closely with our Platforms and Engineering streams, with excellent collaboration and communications skills. You’ll be based in the UK, working within Vix’s Follow The Sun service model.
We are a diverse and dispersed organisation at Vix and are actively looking to grow our team with individuals from diverse backgrounds, cultures, ages, genders, neurodiversity, religions, sexual orientations and experiences.
We understand that many people only apply if they meet 10 out 10 requirements for a role; however, our approach is to hire for behaviours, growth and capability, not just experience and merit. So, if you think you have what it takes, but you don’t meet every single requirement please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit for our team. #connectingpeopleandplaces
What will you be responsible for?
- Vulnerability Management
- Information Security requirements analysis, including subsequent management, development and deployment, including security advice and consultation across the business
- Security Incident Forensics, root cause analysis
- Drive visible, consistent IT security risk management practices across the business
- Manage, facilitate and action outcomes from internal and external audit programs
- Develop assessment and technical certification standards that are relevant to security controls within the Vix business
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Relevant certifications/qualifications and/or significant commercial experience within the cybersecurity discipline
- In-depth knowledge and experience within complex, dispersed on and off-prem infrastructure, including cloud and embedded systems
- Interest and ability to impart knowledge, support and mentor the whole business in the cybersecurity space, including knowledge transfer, best practice and ongoing training and support
- Pragmatic and personable, with great communication skills and ability to build rapport quickly.
What’s in it for you?
Besides the opportunity to work for a global company that is customer and people focused, we offer:
- An award-winning flexible working culture with a truly flexible working environment - we don’t get hung up on location, we are interested in achieving outcomes for and delivering to our customers.
- A focus on learning and development – we have a sleek onboarding and L&D platform – get up to speed quickly and continue learning on your Vix journey
- Paid parental leave
- Active social club and lots of company activities
Sounds good? Then apply now. Get on board here!
Add your resume and anything else to showcase why you would be a great addition to our team. We regret that we can only consider applications from candidates who have full working rights in the UK, currently residing in the UK.
No recruitment agencies, please! We won’t accept any introductions.
Vix Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and want to build a workforce as diverse as the community we serve. We aim to have a work environment where everyone feels included and everyone can realise their full potential.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs