Senior Security Engineer - AppSec
Austin, Texas, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Are you passionate about application security? Would you like to be a part of the team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through technology innovations? We need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
As a Senior Security Engineer - Application and Architecture Security, you will help ensure our applications and services are designed and implemented to the highest standards. If you enjoy analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews across all elements of software systems.
You will tackle challenging situations every day and, given the size of this initiative, you will collaborate with various levels across Whole Foods Market and Amazon. We want someone ready to partner across Whole Foods Market’s technology and security engineering groups to secure and protect applications.
We operate in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly, wear many hats, so passion and discipline around security and delivery is critical. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven’t been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a software security team or similar operating environment
- Experience in threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Familiarity with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques
- Experience with manual and automated static code analysis for languages such as Java, C++, and C#
- Experience with dynamic web application security testing with tools such as Burp Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Master's degree in computer science, information security, engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience working with development teams that have delivered enterprise software, commercial software, or software-based services.
- Ability to write proof-of-concept exploits for vulnerabilities.
- Experience with AWS-specific technologies.
- Solid understanding of cryptographic fundamentals.
- Scripting skills for automation purposes.
- Experience with fuzzing.
- Experience with reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro, Ghidra, etc.
- Experience with software defined networking in public cloud environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Program Manager jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs