Network Security Engineer - Cisco
Tysons Corner, VA
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
This position is performed on-site at multiple client sites in the DC Metro area (Reston and Chantilly, VA). An active security clearance (and US Citizen) is required for this position.
A Network Security Engineer is part of a team of skilled Cybersecurity professionals that support the design, build, and sustainment of network based cyber defense capabilities within the organization. This position supports Cisco Security technologies in a complex enterprise organization to work with our most strategic and impactful customers in support of their aggressive transformation agendas. Network Security Engineers interact daily with a wide variety of industry leading network security products including, but not limited to, firewalls, Intrusion prevention systems, full packet capture solutions, mail gateways, advanced malware defense systems, and TLS inspection solutions. Network Security Engineers provide support to fellow stakeholders when integrating new Cybersecurity requirements into the enterprise and maintain all production network security solutions that are servicing the organization. When required, Network Security Engineers support fellow stakeholders in resolving network connectivity issues.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Responsible for implementation/deployment/support of Network and/or Security appliances
- Responsible for developing and maintaining standard processes and operating procedures, creating technical architecture diagrams and system build documentation
- Organize and coordinate multiple projects
- Multi-tasker who is able to work effectively on a team, as well as independently, with minimal supervision
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience working in the IT industry, Information Security, and/or Cyber Security supporting Cisco enterprise security technologies.
- Extensive experience leading enterprise strategy and implementation of complex security solutions for large-scale global Federal agencies
- Collaborate with solution experts to develop and deploy secure solutions
- In-depth knowledge of designing complex security solutions and experience with implementing security solutions
Be able to demonstrate your ability to lead or guide teams made up of GuidePoint, Customer and Partner members in the analysis and troubleshooting of complex network issues
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Subject matter expertise with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD), Tetration or Stealthwatch preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with Cisco Identity Services Engineer (ISE) preferred.
The ability to obtain a clearance may be required for this position.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 700 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 3,000 Enterprise-Level customers.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- Remote workforce primarily (U.S. based only, some travel may be required for certain positions, working on-site may be required for Federal positions)
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental premiums with generous employer family contributions
- 11 corporate holidays in 2022 (12 in 2023) and a Flexible Time Off (FTO) program
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
- Pet Care plan
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs