Insider Threat Analysts
XOR Security is currently seeking several talented Insider Threat Analysts to support a federal agency. The Insider Threat program is a standalone part of an advanced analytics capability of the larger Security Operation Center (SOC) program that provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. Insider Threat Analysts will conduct advanced security event analytics, insider threat monitoring, log analysis, host-based forensics, incident response, and case management. In support of this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries.
To ensure the integrity, security and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in cyber security systems operations, analysis and incident response. Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of incident response, insider threat investigations, forensics, cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP’s, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally the ideal candidate would be familiar with insider threat monitoring software, host-based forensic tools, intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
Candidate must have the required Qualifications:
• 7+ years of experience in a cyber network defense or insider threat environment.
• Strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management) and Malware Analysis.
• Prior experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as a legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
• Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events (windows event logs, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent).
• Strong proficiency Report writing – a technical writing sample and technical editing test will be required if the candidate has no prior published intelligence analysis reporting, excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings.
• Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows.
• A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
• Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
• Experience conducting Forensic Analysis on compromised systems using digital forensics tools (e.g. EnCase, FTK)
• Experience with Cyber, Insider Threat and Policy Violation Investigations, and conducting eDiscovery investigations
• Proficiency in cyber threat exploitation patterns, from discovery through establishing a persistent presence
• Provide subject matter expertise support in the detection, analysis and mitigation of malware, trends in malware development and capabilities, and proficiency with malware analysis capabilities.
• Knowledge and proficiency using the tools and techniques required to successfully conduct dynamic and static analysis of binary samples.
• Active Top Secret and SCI eligible.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
• Previous hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is required (preferably within Splunk or MS Sentinel).
- Experience with counterintelligence investigations within the intelligence community.
- Coordinating with FinCEN or similar entities on intelligence analysis and tippers.
• Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
• Digital Forensic or Incident Response Certifications such as: GCIA, GCED, GCFA, GCFE, GCTI, GNFA, GCIH, ECSA, CHFI, CISSP, Security+, Network+, CEH, CND. CCE, CFC, EnCE, CFCE, GREM.
• Experience in recommending and coordinating countermeasures to operational CND personnel.
• Ability to work on-call during critical incidents or to support coverage requirements (including weekends and holidays when required).
• Familiarity with scripting languages (BASH, Powershell, Python, PERL, RUBY etc.) or software development frameworks (.NET).
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
Tags: Active Directory Analytics Bash CEH CHFI CISSP Clearance Clearance Required Computer Science DNS ECSA EnCE Forensics GCED GCFA GCIA GCIH GNFA GREM IDS Incident response Intrusion detection Linux Malware Monitoring Perl PowerShell Python Ruby Scripting SIEM SMTP Splunk SQL Threat detection Top Secret Windows
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs