Staff / Principal Engineer, Security Services
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
Within the Netskope Engineering department, the Security Services organization is responsible for building core security products and features, such as Data Loss Prevention, Malware and Threat Prevention, Cloud Confidence Index, Breach and Anomaly Detection. We apply Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies across Netskope cloud security platform. We are looking for talented software engineers to join a newly created security efficacy engineering team. A successful candidate has deep technical expertise in malware detection, URL filtering, web security, threat modeling, and SaaS/IaaS security product development. You will have the opportunity to work with a team of talented engineers, researchers and data scientists to solve the most challenging cloud security problems.
- Design and develop state-of-the-art security solutions to detect threats traversing over a network.
- Work with security researchers to understand and build next-generation cloud-based inline security solutions.
- Develop and maintain inline datapath components and ensure scalability and optimal performance.
- Help to transfer the POC to automatic components/process in production;
- Build scalable, stable production level system;
- As the software engineering subject matter expert, work closely with data scientists, threat researchers, software engineers, and QE engineers to ensure our solutions deliver continuous security values to end customers;
- First of all, must have a true startup spirit. Be willing to wear multiple hats and deliver end-to-end;
- He should have the ability to think out-of-box and evaluating results based on customer value;
- Industry experience in developing network security solutions.
- Experience in developing network layer parsers to decode application protocols developing software for IPS/IDS firewall is highly desirable.
- Should have development experience with C/C++
- Good to have knowledge and development experience in Python and Rust
- Experience with HTTP, web proxies, TCP/IP networking.
- Strong networking background, knowledge of Unix/Linux environments, web protocols, and web applications;
- Experience in optimizing and scaling systems performance is highly desirable.
- Energetic self-starter, with the desire to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to influence without authority;
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree required, MS preferred
Other jobs like this
Cyber – Cloud/ Security Architect - Cyber Defence - Consultant to DirectorApplication security AWS Azure Blockchain CISSP Cloud Computer Science +10
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Team events
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs