Senior Security Assurance Specialist (Remote)
United States (U.S.)
ID.meID.me simplifies how individuals share and prove their identity online. ID.me's next generation platform facilitates identity proofing, authentication, and group affiliation verification for over 500 organizations.
ID.me simplifies how people securely prove and share their identity online. The company empowers people to control their data through a portable and trusted login, which means they don’t need to create a new password when visiting sites that have the ID.me button.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated digital migration for many critical services. Those services require a trusted identity to safeguard against fraud and help ensure people are who they claim to be. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with people, which can reduce the time and frustration of having to verify at multiple sites and set up multiple passwords.
ID.me is a credential service provider compliant with federal standards for digital identity verification.
In addition to helping people control their credentials and data, the company’s “No Identity Left Behind” initiative strives to expand access and inclusion for all people. The company offers multiple pathways to verification – online self-serve, live video chat agents, and in person. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for traditionally underserved groups.
ID.me is looking for a Senior Security Assurance Specialist to add to our growing security team. We need strong security professionals to help build highly scalable and secure products. The Senior Security Assurance Specialist will have the opportunity to lead the entire organization to develop mechanisms to build and maintain trust with customers and regulators while raising the security bar across all control domains. This person will work closely with the Security Assurance Lead to verify controls are designed and operating effectively, and develop options for stakeholders to address control requirements. The Security Assurance Specialist will perform the following additional responsibilities:
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Maintain relationships with cross functional teams in a high collaborative environment
- Understand unique business operations, processes, and functions
- Develop control testing schedules and plans
- Balance multiple projects and/or tasks concurrently
- Provide periodic status reports
- Draft and prepare project deliverables
- Apply information technology and audit concepts to the company’s mission
- Review and evaluate internal controls and supporting documentation
- Determine compliance with policies and selected laws/regulations
- Succinctly communicate findings to key stakeholders in writing and verbally
- Supervise and review work performed by control owners
- BA/BS/BBA degree from an accredited college/university with a major in information technology, accounting, or another relevant field of study, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of direct experience managing compliance programs including: audit readiness, program reporting, continuous monitoring, auditor education, and remediation management.
- Proficient project management skills which includes planning, work tracking, reporting, and data analysis
- Experience working with NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, FISMA, and/or SOC control programs
- Experience with cloud service providers
- Experience building and implementation internal control programs
- Experience processing FedRAMP significant change requests (SCR)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- CISSP, CISA, and similar certifications are a plus
- Cloud certifications are a plus
Ideal candidate will thrive in our culture if they have a passion for:
- Building quality products with a mindset on safety and security
- Operating in a fast-moving and high-growth environment
- Working as a team player with an entrepreneurial work ethic
- Security, learning and continuous improvement
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S.
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
ID.me has a mandatory vaccination requirement where not prohibited by applicable federal or state law.
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world's leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don't be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it's hard). *Reflect ID.me's values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers
ID.me maintains a work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All ID.me employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to equal employment opportunity. ID.me does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. ID.me adheres to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, ID.me's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.
ID.me participates in E-Verify.#LI-JS1 #LI-REMOTE
Other jobs like this
Arctic Wolf Networks
Career development Equity Parental leave Team events
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs