Senior Information Security Analyst
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Information Assurance Analyst to support one of our premier clients within the Department of Defense for the Defense Cyber Crimes Center (DC3). The DC3 program provides comprehensive Forensic, Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering support across the Defense enterprise by providing deep analysis of potential threat activity targeting the critical DOD assets. To support this vital mission, XOR staff is on the forefront of providing full spectrum Media Analysis, and Systems Engineering support to include the development of advanced tools and analysis techniques to protect critical DoD assets from hostile adversaries. The Information Assurance Manager will be responsible for preparing documentation such as Risk Assessment Reports (RARs) for the ISSM/CISO, System Security Plans (SSPs), Development of Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) to ensure compliance with Government and DC3 Cybersecurity policies and procedures. Will assist the ISSM/ISSO with the generation of cybersecurity documentation for system hardware and software assessments; assess the performance of IA Security controls for assess and authorize and assess only networks.
- Participates as a team member performing processing, triage, threat analyses, and response to cyber incident reports. based on knowledge on electronic warfare/intelligence systems and concept supporting intelligence analysis requirements for all-source cyber analysis and reporting.
- Contributes to development of analytical threat models and provides functional guidance and direction to threat studies team in overall conduct of project(s).
- Performs queries, pivoting on indicators, and on characteristics (Message-Digest Algorithm 5 (MD5), Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA1), file size, file name, file paths, etc.). Work activities are performed under general guideline and direction.
- Supports team performing expert-level research and incident analysis and related data support of threat studies.
- Provides advice, guidance and direction to threat studies team.
- Prepares, submits and presents reports and issue papers to customer representatives.
- Requires knowledge of advanced threat analysis technology in such areas as telecommunications, computer science, electronic warfare.
- Requires a detailed knowledge of Department of Defense and service level (Army, Navy, Air Force) intelligence communities, including collection methods and production resources and responsibilities.
- Requires skills and abilities in supervising the handling classified information.
- Requires strong knowledge of technology related to electronic warfare.
- Uses Jira to track analysis tasks and communicate status. Uses Jira to manage cyber incident submissions. May use Columbo, the DAD, and Splunk to triage, augment, share cyber threat data.
- Uses Goldrush as required in place of Jira.
- Maintains and enhances Jira workflows, models, and dashboards to support cyber incident management activities including development of response timeline metrics, alerting, and escalation.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs