Hardware Security Lead
Span.IO, Inc.Span reinvented the electrical panel. Control every circuit in your home from your phone. Contact us!
SPAN develops products that accelerate the rapid adoption of renewable energy in the home. The flagship SPAN Smart Panel is the first true evolution for the traditional home electric panel, harnessing enhanced technology for metering, monitoring, and control. An expanded product suite of intelligent, integrated solutions radically lowers the cost and complexity of energy upgrades–including solar, batteries and EVs–empowering homeowners to be active, resilient and informed players in the energy market.
Span Information Security team is looking for a Hardware Security Lead as part of the Security & IT team at Span. The person will closely work with product teams to implement device security features, which includes, but not limited to: secure boot, LUKS encryption, hardware TPM, OTA updates, SSH certificate management and process isolation. Responsibilities include:
- Work with product teams to develop device security features.
- Foster sharing of common security features across multiple device projects.
- Lead the development of a secure embedded platform for future projects.
We are seeking a Hardware Security Lead who has:
- Prior experience in embedded Linux, preferably Yocto.
- Prior experience with secure boot process, either UEFI or U-BOOT.
- Prior experience in volume encryption, in particular LUKS and key management.
- Prior experience in hardware TPM, in particular TPM 2.0.
We would love to hire someone who has:
- Familiarity with cryptography (e.g., RSA, AES, HMAC, ECDSA, ECDH).
- Familiarity with SSH certificate management.
- Familiarity with OTA updates, both application and OS.
- Familiarity with process isolation through Docker or similar technologies.
Life at SPAN
SPAN embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Headquartered in San Francisco’s vibrant SoMa neighborhood, we are an eclectic group of creative thinkers who value open communication, teamwork, and a ‘make it happen’ approach to addressing complex challenges.
Our CEO, Arch Rao—former head of the Tesla Powerwall team—fosters an energetic and collaborative environment, with a strong emphasis on maintaining work-life-balance across the organization.
We’re hiring talented individuals who are driven by success and are passionate about shaping the future of renewable energy. If that sounds like you, we’d love for you to consider joining the rapidly growing team at SPAN.
⚡ Competitive compensation + equity grants at a well-funded, venture-backed company
⚡ Comprehensive benefits (including medical; dental, vision, life and disability insurance)
⚡ Comfortable, sunny office space located near BART and Caltrain public transit
⚡ Strong focus on teambuilding and company culture (events, meet-ups, clubs)
⚡ Flexible hours and unlimited PTO
Our Mission & Values:
At SPAN, we believe that powering your home with clean energy should be a simple and delightful experience that is at its essence human-centered and technology-forward.
Our core values include:
- Making home energy more accessible, intuitive, and convenient.
- Enabling homes and vehicles to be powered by the sun.
- Building resilient homes with reliable power.
- All-electric everything.
- A more flexible & distributed grid.
Interested in joining our team? Submit an application today and we’ll be in touch with next steps!
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs