Application Security Engineer
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 13 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a Security Engineer with a focus on Application Security to join our Security Squad in Tallinn or London. You will be responsible for working with the wider engineering teams to secure the global security features of Wise products and internal systems.
For our customers, using Wise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Engineering Team:
- Working closely with product engineers and finding new ways to protect our customer data and funds;
- Teaching engineers how to conduct threat modelling exercises and promoting good security engineering practices to our internal engineering community;
- Handling our bug-bounty program to discover and fix existing problems in our products in collaboration with product engineers and external researchers;
- Working on streamlining our product vulnerability discovery and lifecycle management across engineering teams;
Is this you?
- You are passionate about Cybersecurity;
- You have worked within a production environment and understand the security risk regarding Continuous Integration/Delivery;
- You have worked or experience in Applications/Mobile penetration testings, researching and bug bounty programs;
- You are passionate about Application Security and everything around it;
- You have experience with security tooling (commercial or open source) such as SAST, DAST and dependency scanning;
- You have experience with Java stack or MVC frameworks to understand how our products and engineering works;
- Great communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to other Wisers;
- Are able to run your projects in collaboration with other teams and find the path for success;
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Software engineering experience;
- Experience with conceiving and delivering theoretical and practical training sessions to engineers;
- Experience with microservice architecture;
- A basic understanding of statistics and Machine Learning;
- Understand how Scrum and Agile development works;
- You are able to script and automate your work ( e.g. Python, Bash, Go );
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSU's in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏝️ Annual Summer Days Event
- 🏃♀️Lots of fun group activities like yoga, running and boardgame nights
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
Find out more about our benefits in our Tallinn office.
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work - a practical guide
- 📹 Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- 💻 The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
...or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs