Director of Detection and Response
RemitlySoon you’ll be able to send or transfer money to Germany from Germany with Remitly. Sign up for early access when we launch! | Pricing
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
You will have a greenfield to build a world-class modern detection and response program. We organize our security program along the NIST CSF and we are increasing our investments in a dedicated group focused on detection and response. You have the opportunity to define the program and approach, building on strong foundations from the security engineering team, with senior executive support. You will develop new methods to generate high-signal actionable alerting in our EKS, K8s, Istio production, and SaaS corporate, environments. You will transcend legacy approaches and redefine best in class detection. You will enable risk reduction throughout the company by maturing our response capability to not only reduce the impact of potential events, but also create a learning organization using retrospectives to learn from every incident.
- Build the Detection and Response organization within the Information Security group by hiring and developing exceptional people.
- Report to the CISO
- Create the detection strategy for Remitly leveraging the inherent advantages of our modern technology stack (ephemeral and immutable) and improving on industry norms with high-signal actionable alerting.
- Establish processes and build technology systems to improve company-wide response to security incidents.
- Work with Legal, Privacy, Brand, Corp Comms, Marketing, Customer Success, and others to ensure peace of mind should we have a security incident.
- Ensure our company continuously improves from each incident we manage.
- 8 or more years of experience in security, with 4 or more years of management experience.
- Run complex security incidents as incident commander.
- Established or advised on response program build outs either in-house or as a consultant.
- Built or operated information security detection systems, preferably in a modern technology environment using containers, service mesh, and SaaS corporate applications.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Other jobs like this
Director of Application and Product Security (Remote)Application security CCPA NIST Penetration testing Privacy Product security Risk management SDLC Strategy Vulnerability management
Career development Flex vacation Health care Medical leave
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs