Senior Threat Intelligence Engineer

London, England


Proofpoint helps protect people, data and brands against cyber attacks. Offering compliance and cybersecurity solutions for email, web, cloud, and more.

View company page

It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!

We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.

Corporate Overview

Proofpoint is a leading cybersecurity company protecting organisations’ greatest assets and biggest risks: vulnerabilities in people. With an integrated suite of cloud-based solutions, Proofpoint helps companies around the world stop targeted threats, safeguard their data, and make their users more resilient against cyber attacks. Leading organisations of all sizes, including more than half of the Fortune 1000, rely on Proofpoint for people-centric security and compliance solutions mitigating their most critical risks across email, the cloud, social media, and the web.

We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect their greatest assets and biggest security risk: their people. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity.

Job Overview 

Following the acquisition of Tessian by Proofpoint and having found exceptional product/market fit for our category-defining Human Layer Security software platform, we’re in the midst of transformation and growth and are looking for an experienced Threat Intelligence Engineer to join the Tessian Business Unit of Proofpoint.

In this role you will have a direct impact on Tessian products and be part of a growing cross-functional team working closely with Data Science and Engineering. Working with email metadata, behavioral signals, and threat feeds, you will help improve the efficiency of our threat intelligence workflows and approach these solutions with a threat intelligence research background. 

Responsibilities and Duties 

This role will be split into two key areas, with 70% of your time spent building and improving tooling for the threat intelligence team in order to improve efficiency and the speed at which we can craft new detections, and the other 30% spent helping research emerging threats. 
Our stack is predominantly python based, using a variety of datastores and runs in AWS.  

Role and responsibilities of the job include: 

  • Working with TI analysts to get detections into production quickly, so we can react to new and emerging threats. 
  • Leveraging our threat intelligence infrastructure to build advanced detections.  
  • Maintaining and improving threat intelligence infrastructure and tooling.  
  • Working closely with our Threat Engineering team and wider Inbound Product team. 
  • Coding in python. 
  • Research and improve model efficacies for advanced detection. 
  • Researching advanced email attacks to understand the underlying tactics used to bypass our systems. 


  • Passion for security and reacting to threats in real-time. 
  • Experience in a security-centric role, as well as experience in a software engineering role is a plus. 
  • Threat research/intelligence background is a plus, with a focus on email delivered threats. 
  • Excellent Python and SQL skills. 
  • Worked with databases and repositories. 
  • Previous experience with event driven, distributed systems. 
  • Experience working in cloud environments. 
  • Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions. 
  • Enjoys digging into complex operations. 
  • Takes a high degree of ownership over their work. 

Why Proofpoint

Protecting people is at the heart of our award-winning cybersecurity solutions, and the people who work here are the key to our success.  We’re a customer-focused and driven-to-win organisation with leading-edge products. We are an inclusive, diverse, multinational company that believes in culture fit, but more importantly ‘culture-add’, and we strongly encourage people from all walks of life to apply. 

We believe in hiring the best and the brightest to help cultivate our culture of collaboration and appreciation. Apply today and explore your future at Proofpoint! #LifeAtProofpoint

If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!

Apply now Apply later
  • Share this job via
  • or

* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰

Tags: AWS Cloud Compliance Python SQL Threat intelligence Threat Research Vulnerabilities

Perks/benefits: Startup environment

Region: Europe
Country: United Kingdom
Job stats:  6  0  0

More jobs like this

Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities

Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.