Manager, Application Security
San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Vancouver, BC; United States
About the role
Chime is looking for a manager to lead and grow our application security team. The Application Security team is responsible for providing all services related to application-layer and data security, which includes acting as consultants for securely designing and developing features, building lightweight linters that look for specific classes of vulnerabilities in code, and setting guidelines for third-party services and applications. This is a management role–we are looking for someone with proven leadership skills who is passionate about security and can drive programs that will achieve both the business and security program objectives.
We're a small dedicated team that’s always thinking of innovative ways to tackle difficult security problems. We take on ambitious projects that have a huge impact on our members and build a strong security culture of our company.
Our team encourages talking about the problems we are solving for and sharing the methods and accomplishments in public blogs and at conferences. If these are things that resonate with the way you work, we'd love to hear from you.
For Colorado based roles: In accordance with applicable law, this role has an annual starting salary of $191,500 plus bonus, a competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience
In this role, you can expect to
- Prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to work against ambitious schedules and shifting priorities.
- Support technical aspects of critical initiatives in the Application Security space including contributing to design and implementation planning, working with the team to set priority and tracking progress.
- Partner with engineering leaders across the company to help them prioritize security issues in their products and balance business goals
- Work with Security Leadership and the team in developing an Application Security roadmap for future work, deliver and track progress against it
- Foster a culture of learning, continuous improvement, and blameless retrospectives within the team and across the company
To thrive in this role, you have
- Experience and deep understanding of web application security. Mobile security experience a plus
- Demonstrable experience to structure an organization and optimize it for execution, including attracting top tier talent and filling out gaps in the existing team quickly to accommodate growth.
- 2+ years of program or people management experience in leading a high functioning team
- A customer-oriented focus, with a strong passion for developer happiness.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills; ability to inspire team members.
A little about Chime
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive, teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members, and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Chime requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if eligible) against COVID-19 in order to work in one of its offices, join Company-sponsored activities, or travel for business purposes. This job may require periodic office attendance and/or business travel and therefore candidates will need to be eligible for these activities by their start date.
Other jobs like this
Staff Cloud Security Engineer (Remote- North America)Automation AWS Azure CEH CISA Cloudflare FedRAMP GCP ISO 27001 Kubernetes +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave +3
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs