Senior Manager, Information (Cyber) Security (REMOTE-US)
New York, NY
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the Team / Role We are seeking a Senior Manager of Information Security for Zip’s global security organization. This position is a technical managerial position, in which the ideal person will be able to function from not only a people, process, and planning perspective but also be a key contributor to security architecture, engineering, and technology decisions.
This role will also hold the responsibility of being a key leader for security related projects and compliance decisions for Zip. As the Senior Manager of Information Security, you will be looked to as a leader in defining, communicating, planning, and executing on all company and business unit goals in the security and compliance space. You will report directly to Zip’s Global CISO and be a representative to Zip business units around the world as a subject matter expert on all things relating to security but with a heightened focus on the security of Zip’s production systems, incident and security operations, and M&A activities. To be successful as a Senior Manager of Information Security, you should have exceptional leadership, communication, and project management skills, with a belief in developing the skills and talents of others. Ideal candidates will have experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, a keen interest in international trends in security and leadership, and above-average emotional intelligence
- Drive application and network security activities for Zip
- Manage a team of highly skilled security engineers
- Collaborate with multiple security and engineering teams within Zip to provide seamless support to securely enable business functions
- Influence peers and leaders with the goal of creating and maturing security programs that are aligned with Zip’s broader plans as a company
- Evaluate, design, deploy, support, and monitor information security systems
- Identify security exposures and develop mitigation plans
- Build and execute on project roadmaps
- Plan and run security awareness exercises and teach secure behavior and methods
- Lead and manage security incident response activities and forensic investigations
- Lead the implementation of best-practice security procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Support Zip in developing and maturing the application security program
- Represent Zip in compliance activities such as external audits from merchants, regulatory compliance projects, and overall information security reviews
- Thoughtfully build, retain, and scale a diverse, cross-functional, distributed security team to meet the needs of the business
- Provide technical vision and strategy for this space. Design and lead technical roadmaps and take full responsibility for planning, overall execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Develop and grow talent through effective mentoring, coaching, and retention strategies
- Participate in our blameless culture which focuses on teamwork and collaboration (we fail together, and we succeed together!)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience, with a minimum of 3 years in an engineering leadership role supporting highly scalable technology platforms
- Experience managing large, distributed teams and stakeholders at all levels
- Experience working with and managing application security programs in an agile environment
- Ability to explain complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences in an engaging manner
- Ability to listen well, to see multiple perspectives, and to be a cohesive team-builder
Differentiating Experiences and Skills
- Experience with financial industry security governance, including PCI DSS, SOC2, ISO 27K and state regulations
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+ or comparable Information Security Assurance certification
- Experience as a hands-on software engineer with expertise in security related programming languages
- Experience with global security and privacy programs
- Experience securing AWS and Azure environments
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture● Share incentive programs● 20 days PTO every year● Generous paid parental leave● Leading family support policies● 100% employer covered insurance● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code● Learning and wellness subscription stipend● Company-sponsored 401k match● Remote working allowance
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Other jobs like this
Principal/Staff Software Security EngineerAgile Ansible Automation Banking Blockchain C Crypto Cryptography Encryption Golang +7
Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Gear Parental leave +1
Staff Application Security EngineerApplication security Automation Banking Blockchain C Crypto Penetration testing Python Scala Security assessments +1
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs