Cybersecurity Solutions Specialist | Auckland
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
DatacomLeverage Datacom's information technology consultants to unlock opportunities for your organisation. Learn about Australasia's largest homegrown tech company.
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
We help our clients navigate and take control of digital disruption for their businesses and customers. Our Cybersecurity Defence Operations team employ thought leaders who understand the business, technology and threat landscape and can apply their knowledge, creativity and expertise to provide and deliver strategies and solutions to help to take organisations and communities to a better and safer place. This is an exciting time of growth, and our driven team need to grow to meet the increased demand and activity.
About the Role
The Cybersecurity Solution Specialist will be a member of our Australian/New Zealand Cybersecurity Solutions Team. The Cybersecurity Solutions Specialist is responsible for identifying and implementing continual improvement initiatives, to ensure CDOC best leverages technologies in delivering services to our customers
This role holistically considers our services and delivery mechanisms across CDOC and completes improvements to reduce service overheads, ensuring the tools and processes we use remain fit for purpose throughout the solution lifecycle.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the Cybersecurity sector and is looking to continue to build a career in this space.
What you'll do
- Identify and implement continual improvements of CDOC services, technologies and processes.
- Continually identify and improve CDOC security posture, efficiency and effectiveness through the smart use of technology and automation.
- Leverage technologies to provide other CDOC functions enriched events and alerts with the aim of reducing response and triage time
- Leverage monitoring technologies to reduce point in time manual checks
- Better leverage technologies to reduce manual effort in reporting functions
- Complete initiatives, project activities and assist with escalations, as required.
- Work closely with all areas of CDOC to understand our wider practice in terms of process, pain points and requirements.
- Remain connected to and assist with daily activities, where practical and appropriate.
- Take initiative to continually improve wider team knowledge of technologies and processes.
- Remain apprised of and raise any changes impacting our platforms and solutions.
- Assists with reactive BAU activities if required.
What you'll bring
- Ability and willingness to be self-managing and proactive
- A passion for cybersecurity and continuous learning in this fast-moving field
- Advanced understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that modern attackers use to compromise organizations
- Experience in or a thorough understanding of the role of a Cybersecurity Analyst, the tools they use and workflows they follow.
- Knowledge of security orchestration and automation tools including XSOAR & Science Logic
- Knowledge of and experience with a wide range of cybersecurity vendor product stacks, their implementation and workings.
- Knowledge and experience with scripting and scripting languages would be well regarded but is not essential
- Thorough knowledge and in-depth skills with SIEM platforms are highly desirable and preferable.
- Knowledge of implementation and continuous improvement of effective security controls
- Ability and expertise to ensure that correct and comprehensive functioning of all security platforms and technologies
- Experience of working with vendors to ensure security solutions & platforms are deployed, maintained and developed in accordance with best practice.
Due to the Nature of the Clients you will be working with you will need to be an NZ Citizen/Permanent Resident and have the ability to pass additional security clearances or have lived in the 5 eyes for the last 5 years. We do however consider work visas for other opportunities across Datacom so please keep an eye on our careers page for any roles of interest.
Datacom is committed to the health and safety of its people and the wider community. Based on our site access requirements for this role, and/or potential customer site and customer’s vaccination requirements which are constantly developing, the successful applicant will need to be able produce evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or a valid exemption. Datacom will consider whether any accommodations can be made for candidates who are partially vaccinated (with remaining vaccine doses booked), or who are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and hold a valid exemption.
What's on Offer?
You'll have plenty of real opportunities to widen your professional skills and develop our greater business acumen. We pride ourselves on providing our staff numerous career opportunities during their time with us; our adaptability relies on this
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.4 billion, this makes us one of Australasia's largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes an extensive list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs