At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas: DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
We are looking for a highly motivated Threat Intelligence Engineer to join our Cyber Security team to research, analyse, and interpret the ongoing threats/incidents to our corporate network as the threat landscape changes and develops. A Threat Intelligence Engineer joining our team will have strong technical skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex information to key stakeholders across the business. To succeed in this role you will need to be self-motivated and take a pro-active approach to work and self-development. You will also have to solve complex problems under pressure with the ability to write and disseminate findings to security operations analysts, SIEM operations analysts, senior management, and the wider business.
- Work closely with monitoring and response analysts to provide up-to-date knowledge and information about the current and changing threat landscape.
- Investigate and assess intelligence, data and information gathered from multiple sources.
- Research, analyse, and interpret threat intelligence to support pro-active threat hunting and incident investigations.
- Produce, present, and disseminate appropriate and relevant analytical products to inform tactical and strategic decision making.
- Identify gaps, patterns and relationships, trends, threats and opportunities and make inferences, deduce meaning and make recommendations.
- Investigate threats, incidents and vulnerabilities that pose risks to the business, employees, and assets.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and senior management.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Science or related field, or relevant industry knowledge and experience.
- Strong knowledge of the cyber kill chain and common tactics, techniques, and procedures used by a range of threat actors.
- Knowledge of computer networks, network security principles, network controls (IDS/IPS, firewalls, etc.), and network protocols (TCP/UDP, etc.).
- Knowledge of network traffic analysis.
- Knowledge of SIEM architectures.
- Previous experience working with OSINT data and common threat analysis tools.
- General awareness of cyber security and the current threat landscape.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status