Job title: Threat Intelligence Analyst
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Senior Manager of Security Operations
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
ServiceNow is looking to expand its Threat Intelligence Operations with an additional Threat Intelligence analyst. As a member of the Threat Intelligence team, intelligence analysts produce relevant reports and briefings in order influence security decisions related to response and planning activities. The primary role of the analyst is to analyze threat information and report to tactical, operational and strategic levels of security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of an intelligence analyst within ServiceNow are maintaining a strong understanding of potential threats and techniques, tactics and procedures of those threats may utilize. An understanding of the general cybersecurity environment is required in order to provide direction and guidance to other teams who will use information provided by the intelligence operations team. Specific duties will include:
- Analyze, process, and author reports on cyber threats originating from various internal and external sources
- Review daily, weekly, monthly and on demand threat intelligence reports from both commercial and OSINT sources for relevance to ServiceNow’s environment
- Perform detailed analysis of threats, using sound analytical skills, knowledge and experience.
- Maintain a strong awareness and understanding of the current threat landscape by conducting research on emerging security threats and potential impact to ServiceNow
- Manage threat data sharing with trusted parties for validation and collaboration
- Assess threat data feeds for relevance, impact, confidence, timeliness and recommend changes
- Articulate security issues, analysis, and remediation techniques to peers, leadership, and across business lines
- Gather, maintain, and analyze cyber-security data and other key performance indicators for regular executive review
- Support incident response and threat monitoring activities to include intelligence context and analysis support, provide industry expertise and recommend relevant countermeasures
- Participate in post mortem efforts for situational awareness/insight and to provide “big picture” perspective
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
ServiceNow is seeking candidates who have worked in the information security intelligence space for at least the last three years with experience in large environments being viewed favorably. A suitable candidate should:
- 3+ years of experience in information security directly working with or dedicated to threat intelligence
- Comprehensive understanding of MITRE ATT&CK works
- Experience with threat modeling frameworks and running threat modeling exercises
- Specialized knowledge of threat actors and campaigns
- Understanding of intelligence development process, procedures and techniques
- Experience working with threat hunting teams and incident response teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience with Threat Intelligence Tools and Platforms
- Understand cyber risk and relevance to threat landscape
- Excellent communication skills in the forms of written, verbal and presentations.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
- Ability to write intelligence and technical articles for knowledge sharing
- General understanding of threat data vs information vs intelligence.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.