The Information Security (InfoSec) organization plays a key role within the trust and security program at Twitter. To enhance Twitter’s platform security posture, the Platform Security team provides infrastructure security services and tools for the other Twitter services running in either on-premise or cloud platforms.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineer on the Platform Security team, your primary responsibility will be to design and build our core security services and systems. You will work with other engineers on the team to solve difficult but exciting distributed system design and implementation problems. You will help us identify and fix issues to improve scalability, performance and simplicity of our platform.
Who You Are
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 2+ years experience developing large scale distributed systems
- Fluent in one or more JVM based language such as Java (or Scala)
- Strong software engineering best practices (e.g. coding, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Likes to solve hard problems, eager to learn new things, communicates clearly and loves to work in a collaborative environment
- You are not afraid of a challenge at scale
- Ideally you can provide a link to your portfolio of websites, personal projects, github repo, or technology blog
- Basic understanding of security concepts such as TLS is required.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.