This position is remote based.
Compliance Analysts focus on defining and shaping GitLab’s compliance programs, help build compliance features into our product, and are experts in all things compliance. We are looking for people who are comfortable building transparent compliance programs and who have worked with and understand how compliance works with cloud-native technology stacks.
Here is our handbook page that shows our GitLab compliance framework:
Here is some information the compliance mission and active compliance projects at GitLab: https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/engineering/security/compliance.html
The Security Team is responsible for leading and implementing the various initiatives that relate to improving GitLab’s security. As a member of the security team at GitLab, you will be working towards raising the bar on security. We will achieve that by working and collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide guidance on security best practices.
- Develop roadmap based on customer needs e.g.: GDPR, SOC 2, FIPS 140-2
- Align other security specialist activities with the compliance roadmap
- Conduct reviews and makes recommendations
- Screen security candidates during hiring process
- Develop relationships with key government personnel and policy makers
- Assist work of internal and external auditors or advisors as needed
- Handle communications with customers and answer security compliance questionnaires.
- Educate others on compliance, workflows and processes.
- Professionally handle communications with outside users, and customers.
- Communicate clearly on compliance issues.
- 5+ years experience. At least one job with 2+ years of tenure where you were not self-employed or “Founder”
- Proven experience defining and shaping compliance programs
- Proven experience building compliance features into products
- Experience with, or a passion for transparent compliance programs
- Working understanding of how compliance works with cloud-native technology stacks
- Passion for security and open source
- Team player, and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Great communication skills
- Proven ability to employ a flexible and constructive approach when solving problems
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Please view the compensation range for this role at the bottom of the position description.
To apply for this job please visit about.gitlab.com.
Please mention you found this job on infosec-jobs.com to help us get more companies to post here 🙂