At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
The Bell Network Security Engineering and Program Management team is looking for new people to lead the evolution of security practice in Bell.
As a Security program lead, you must understand the management and security environments of Bell Canada (internal clients) and those of managed clients (external clients) in terms of the various Bell’s cybersecurity objectives.
Your main role will be to lead the Next Generation SOC program with the main deliverable being the new Security Analytic platform. You’ll be involved in technical, financial and strategic discussions and decisions involving multiple stakeholders. An agile and incremental approach is essential to deliver flawlessly the security environment.
Candidates must be self motivated, open minded and a passion for creativity. The successful candidate will partner closely with other program managers and delivery stream leads of various business units (i.e. IT, Network, BBM, etc) in order gain and maintain alignment.
- Lead, track and influence the Next Generation SOC program (Security Analytic Platform, business security services) from a planning, delivery and financial perspective
- Support financial plan and annual budget of the security program (forecasting, tracking, analysis, reporting)
- Support and encourage agile delivery approach and scrum methodology in the team, which includes leading planning, Kanban boards grooming and prioritization, retrospective sessions
- Understand and track overall security posture by generating metrics and leading various related projects
- Participate in the continuous improvement of security standards
- Supervise the development and implementation of new technological approaches, services and methods and analyze the resulting impact on security posture
- University degree in engineering, business administration, information technology or related disciplines
- 3+ years experience in strategic planning
- 3+ years experience in project/program management of Security, Network or IT technology solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Autonomous, self-learner and ability to assimilate new methodologies, frameworks and technologies
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability to adapt in a fast-evolving environment
- Strong leadership abilities and business acumen
- Strong dedication to customer focus
- Ability to manage time and priorities across multiple projects and duties
- Excellent synthesis and analysis capacity
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 08/20/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal