FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
The FireEye Labs’ Research and Custom Engineering (RCE) team is tasked with delivering innovative research projects that intended to influence next generation products. The dynamic team of R&D engineers creates advanced technology and analysis capabilities for our internal and external customers. The team conducts research with the purpose of fielding solutions, not writing white papers.
The Security R&D Manager role is a senior technical management role requiring candidates with experience leading development efforts in the areas of R&D and/or Computer Security. As the technical manager of RCE you will be responsible for curating research ideas, staffing and managing the delivery of these ideas, and ultimately ensuring that the team delivers on its mission to field innovative solutions.
To achieve this, the ideal candidate will not only serve as team leader and project manager, but also as a senior engineer capable of conducting design reviews, code reviews, and even developing software (time and interest permitting). Additionally, the ideal candidate has a background in Computer Security and can leverage this experience to guide the team towards the research ideas with the highest potential ROI.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a team of remote R&D engineers
- Lead technical discussions to transform ideas into agreed-upon solution designs
- Prioritize development efforts, estimate work efforts, and manage project timelines
- Participate in design, implementation, and review of solutions as necessary
- Collaborate with Computer Security SMEs across FireEye
- Demonstrate accountability for meeting milestones and ensure quality engineering deliverables
- Present complex ideas to audiences of all skill levels and backgrounds
Project Management & Team Leadership
- Minimum 2-4 years in a technical lead role
- Experience leading the delivery and daily execution of development teams
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with team to deliver high quality deliverables
- Ability to take requirements and deliver projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Ability to set strategy and direction at a planning level, and ensure team delivers on that strategy
Technical & Domain Expertise
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software development
- Strong technical capabilities; must have the ability and willingness to get in the trenches if required
- Programming skills in compiled (C/C++/Go) and/or interpreted (Python) languages
- Ability to conduct meaningful code reviews
- Experience in one or more cyber security domains (e.g., forensics, cryptography, vulnerability research, etc.)
- Understanding of Windows and/or Linux operating system internals
- Understanding of Windows and/or Linux forensics
- Experience working in a research and development environment
- Experience working in and/or managing remote development teams
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with high performance systems
- Experience implementing Serverless computing solutions
Check out these blog posts to get a better idea of some of the (published) work we’ve done!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.
Please mention you found this job on infosec-jobs.com to help us get more companies to post here 🙂