Elastic is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Grab, Goldman Sachs, ING, Microsoft, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
The Elastic Security Intelligence and Analytics team is responsible for delivering detection logic for the Elastic SIEM and Endpoint Security products, tracking emerging threats, and engaging the security community to share knowledge and capabilities. We’re looking for a Security Engineer with an operational background who wants to make offensive techniques expensive, developing tools and infrastructure with Elastic technologies to discover and block threats for our users. You will collaborate with the broader Elastic Security team, a diverse set of security researchers, data scientists, and engineers who lend domain expertise to work with you to creatively solve security problems and deliver fantastic user experiences.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work as part of the Security Protections team at Elastic with other data engineers, data scientists, and security researchers
- Develop detailed detection logic in one or more expression languages, delivered asynchronously to Elastic customers; examples include EQL, KQL, and YARA
- Design and operate data systems that assist with threat discovery and emerging threat detection functions
- Research and simulate adversaries to develop training data sets, detection logic, and materials used for learning and development
- Analyze and maintain comprehension about the Elastic detection logic library
- Actively engaging the security community through blogs, social media accounts, webinars, workshops, meetups, or speaking at conferences
- Collaborate with security research engineers and data scientists to measure and improve security protections and ML models
What You Bring Along:
- 4+ years experience in an operational role such as incident response, security analysis, or offensive security
- 2+ years experience with the Elastic Stack for search and security use-cases
- Comfortable with Git hygiene, repository maintenance, and project management
- Proficient programmer in Python, Go, or equivalent experience in a similar language and ability to learn other languages as needed
- Collaborative attitude with a strong disposition to learn new skills and emerging technologies
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a distributed, fast-paced, and autonomous environment
- Passionate about protecting the world’s data from attack
Desired Experience or Interests:
- Detailed contemporary knowledge of offensive tools, techniques, and procedures; as well as defensive countermeasures
- Writing detection logic, e.g. EQL, KQL, YARA, SIGMA
- Endpoint and/or network information security
- Data streaming / database tech, e.g. SQL, ElasticSearch, postgres
- Data analysis, e.g. dGraph, node4j
- Functional prototyping, e.g. Python
- Building, measuring, and improving analytics
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.
Please mention you found this job on infosec-jobs.com to help us get more companies to post here 🙂