A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
You will be working as part of the Cybersecurity Unit which brings together 2,500 professionals to help define and implement our clients’ cybersecurity strategies. Resources in our Cybersecurity Unit include security experts (e.g. specialists in infrastructure, applications, endpoints and identity and access management), a research and development team (whose members specialize in malware analysis and forensics), ethical hackers, five multi-tenant security operation centers (SOC) in different parts of the world, and an Information Technology Security Evaluation Facility.
The focus of your role
The role is twofold: investigate security incidents for public and private sector clients both in the UK and across the Capgemini global network and to provide technical security design and assurance in support of Capgemini’s business delivery and to manage.
What you’ll do
- Provision of technical security advice to client and Capgemini colleagues to support the creation of secure solutions and the resolution of technical vulnerabilities or identified compromise.
- Analysis and interpretation of high-profile security incidents or events that require full and in-depth investigations.
- Collection and management of evidence in line with relevant legislation and standards.
- Use of forensic and data mining tools to collect, search, recover, sort and organise large amounts of information in all phases of an investigation.
- Conducting interviews to gather additional information in support of investigations.
- Production of high-quality written reports.
- Keeping up to date with changing processes, technologies and legislative changes.
- Introduction of continuous improvements in the way that we operate.
What you’ll bring
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment, reporting to senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of incident management and incident response methodologies.
- Good understanding of networks, network security issues and exposure to network design.
- Familiarity and experience with malware re-engineering and analysis.
- Understanding of securing internet-facing environments and defence in depth security.
- Ability to review technical designs and to articulate security requirements clearly.
- Flexible, motivated and a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of network theory and technologies (including IP, TCP/UDP, VLANs, Routing protocols & NAT) and their appropriate use.
- Proven experience with networks, network forensics, forensic analysis, and cyber security investigations
- Understanding of a wide range of technologies, including Microsoft, UNIX/Linux, and cloud environments.
- Programming or Scripting (Python/Perl/PowerShell).
- Awareness of RIPA/ACPO/PACE/GDPR regulations / guidelines.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs