Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The SOC Threat Response Analyst role is key part of the SOC. Candidates in this role will be responsible for conducting incident response operations according to documented procedures and industry best practices. Candidates in this role must have excellent communication skills; able to interact with executive levels throughout the company. Must have extensive experience in multiple security areas such as SIEM, IDS, APT, and WAF. Candidates will be required to participate in multiple intelligence communities and be able to disseminate pertinent information throughout the SOC. Ideal candidates should have extensive experience in Linux and Windows operating systems, deep knowledge of networking and attack methods such as SQLi and pivoting. Enthusiasm and interest in Information Security must be displayed.
- Provide incident investigation as per Security Incident Management Process / Guidelines
- Drives containment strategy during data loss or breach events
- Triage and resolve advanced vector attacks such as botnets and advanced persistent threats (APTs)
- Execute incident handling program
- Co-ordinate with IT, security operations and other teams for remediation and trigger forensics process as appropriate
- Perform Root cause analysis (RCA) for the incidents and update the knowledge management
- Works directly with data asset owners and business response plan owners during high severity incidents
- Tuning of IDS, proxy policy, in-line malware tools based on threat feeds, trust and reputation data, incidents, or vulnerabilities and exploits of downstream systems
- Provide tuning recommendations to administrators based on findings during investigations or threat information reviews
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Knowledge of network security zones, Firewall configurations, IDS policies
- Knowledge of systems communications from Layer 1 to 7
- Experience with Systems Administration, Middleware, and Application Administration
- Experience with Network and Network Security tools administration
- Knowledge of log formats and ability to aggregate and parse log data for syslog, http logs, DB logs for investigation purposes
- In-depth experience with log search tools such as HP Arcsight, Splunk, usage of regular expressions and natural language queries
- In-depth knowledge of packet capture and analysis
- Experience with Security Assessment tools (NMAP, Nessus)
- Ability to make create a containment strategy and execute
Training, Qualifications, and Certifications
- Intrusion Detection In Depth – SEC503 (GCIA certification) or equivalent
- Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling – SEC504 (optional GCIH certification) or equivalent
- GIAC Continuous Monitoring (optional GMON certification) or equivalent
- Advanced digital forensics and Incident Response – FOR 508 (Optional GCFA certification) or equivalent
- Computer Forensic Investigation such as Windows Forensic Analysis FOR408 – (Optional GCFE certification)
- Perimeter Protection In Depth – SEC502 (optional GCFW certification)
- Advanced Security Essentials – SEC501 (optional GCED certification)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see Job Description.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see Job Description.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.
Please mention you found this job on infosec-jobs.com to help us get more companies to post here 🙂