At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission – to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
The Red Tool Developer will join a team dedicated to performing Red Team activities that simulate known threat actor. We are a customer first driven team that helps CrowdStrike customer’s identify gaps in their ability to detect malicious activity at each phase of an attack. The Red Team Tool Developer will directly support the team with offensive capability improvements and ensure the team is delivering unique and custom attacks during red team engagements.
- Work with the Red Team to identify needs and prioritize project development pipeline.
- Provide development support to the Red Team to improve overall offensive capabilities.
- Provide operational support to Red Team members on active engagements.
- Document completed development projects for operational use.
- Act as a liaison between Red Team and other internal CrowdStrike teams for information sharing around offensive capabilities.
Successful candidates will have experience in the following areas:
- Solid experience developing exploits and standalone PoCs. Ideally, you should have a body of work you can point to that showcases your vuln research and exploit development interests.
- Proficient in vulnerability analysis, fuzzing, reverse engineering, exploit development, assembly, and C programming
- Solid working knowledge of different OS and network structures and protocols; experience with different classes of coding flaws and offensive primitives (e.g. integer/stack/heap overflows, use-after-free bugs, info leaks).
- Proficient with Reverse Engineering using tools such as WinDBG, GDB, Wireshark, IDA Pro, Binary Ninja and Ghidra
- Full understanding of exploit mitigations such as ASLR, DEP, PXN, ROP, SafeSEH, etc..
- Security community participation (conference speaker, tool development contributor, …) is a plus
- Experience with modern network topologies and application deployment platforms such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and Docker is a plus.
- Experience with developing custom command and control frameworks is a plus.
Additionally, all candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant development experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to manage development projects start to finish
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle high pressure situations in a productive and professional manner.
BA or BS / MA or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy, or a related field.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit crowdstrike.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
Please mention you found this job on infosec-jobs.com to help us get more companies to post here 🙂