Network Security Engineer II – Corporate
Who We Are:
Twitter’s Corporate Network Engineering team is responsible for the global corporate network, building and supporting a high performing, reliable network at scale. As a member of the team you will have a direct impact on network design, deployment, and reliability, enabling our employees to work effectively, from any location, globally. Your role will be to ensure the corporate network is secure and will take responsibility for security products and services such as VPN, NetFlow/Jflow logging as well as liaising for large scale initiatives like Zero Trust and Large scale Data Center migrations.
Twitter is a company with global presence and has employees located all over the world. We connect over 4000 Tweeps in over 30+ global office locations.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in standard Corporate Network Engineering duties:
- Design, implement, and support scalable networking solutions to address a variety of business challenges.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and work not only on projects, but also provide operational support.
- Be a collaborative teammate that will work across multi-functional groups and have the ability and willingness to mentor others.
- Drive consistent improvement by refining tooling, automation, and documentation.
- Provision and troubleshoot carrier transport and IP transit circuits.
- Configure and administer network monitoring tools.
- Configure and administer routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment.
- Troubleshoot network failures and performance issues.
- Occasionally be required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Participate in an on-call rotation covering all of the above.
- Additional Network Security job functions:
- Evaluate, design, implement and support all remote access solutions into the Corporate Network such as SSLVPN and IPSEC.
- Work with multiple teams to improve network security within the corporate network infrastructure, including corporate datacenter and public cloud.
- Define technical security policies and implement controls to enforce those policies.
- Liaise with Information Security and Production Operations to ensure all solutions are sanity checked and secure.
Who You Are:
You enjoy new challenges and are passionate about the design, security and operation of globally deployed network infrastructure. You have strong communication skills, a personal commitment to quality, and the ability to multitask in an interrupt-driven, real-time environment.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with firewalls, routing, switching and enterprise wireless technologies.
- Strong understanding of multiple VPN platforms (Pulse Secure, ZScaler), remote access and external application access solutions.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with internal routing protocols and configuration, specifically BGP and OSPF.
- Intermediate to expert understanding of enterprise network design, including office, campus, and global connectivity.
- A commitment to maintaining a consistent end-user experience on a global scale network.
- Proficiency in multiple hardware vendor syntax including Juniper, Cisco, and Arista.
- Experience with enterprise ZeroTrust technology design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of large backbone and datacenter networks.
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Network Security design, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of network layer security including: Firewalls, 802.1.x, Network Authentication Systems, and VPN technologies.
- Working knowledge of network device monitoring, logging, and automation solutions.
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit careers.twitter.com.
Please mention you found this job on infosec-jobs.com to help us get more companies to post here 🙂