What you’ll be doing…
Network Security Consultant, Cyber Defense
The Network Security Consultant will provide network security design and delivery expertise working within the Cyber Defense consultancy team. The role will be aligned to specific major clients typically located in the UK.
- Take the lead in design and delivery of small to medium network security projects ensuring that solutions meet agreed business requirements and that required delivery methodologies are followed.
- Work closely with the project manager to ensure that projects are delivered within scope, time and budget.
- Provide support to peers working on other projects within the business.
- Contribute to peer-reviews of HLD, LLD and other project documentation as required.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand business requirements and prepare appropriate technical solution designs at both high and low levels.
Pre-sales and Business development
- Contribute to the on-going development of intellectual property (IP), standard collateral and capabilities.
- Proactively identify new business/project opportunities.
- Support the definition, scope and estimation of security project.
- Maintain day to day records of project work to allow accurate billing and reporting of consultancy time.
- Maintain an effective network of contacts within Verizon, the partner community and customers.
- Maintain and grow knowledge to ensure this is relevant to the security services business and our customers.
- Maintain an effective day to day on-line presence (IM, phone) to ensure effective remote working and create a positive perception of self and the Cyber Defense business.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Technical expertise across a wide range of vendors ideally with very strong skills in at least three or more of the technologies below (please note preferred technologies):
- Network FWs: Palo Alto (preferred), Cisco ASA, Check Point, Juniper, Palo Alto, Fortinet.
- Security Devices: Zscaler (preferred), Bluecoat Proxy, F5 (LTM, GTM, ASM), Cisco IronPort.
- IDP/IPS: FirePower/Sourcefire IPS/IDS, McAfee.
- Vulnerability Scanners: Skybox (Preferred), Nessus, Nikto, Qualys.
- SIEM: Splunk (preferred), RSA, FireEye, Bluecoat Solera.
- Network Access Control (NAC): Cisco ISE, Forescout.
- Experience with building, maintaining, reviewing all configurations/settings/policies on chosen technologies.
- Experience working with operational environments following ITIL frameworks.
- Good general knowledge and expertise of networking (TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN, LAN).
- Excellent documentation skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Visio and Word.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (technical and non-technical).
- Palo Alto PCNSE.
- Cisco CCNA Security.
- Check Point CCSA, CCSE, CCMSE.
- Capability to be proactive and ability to work independently.
- Strong presentation and written/verbal English language communications skills.
- Three or more years of security consulting, design and delivery experience.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.verizon.com.
Please mention you found this job on infosec-jobs.com to help us get more companies to post here 🙂