CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We’re creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you’re passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Manager of Cyber Security Operations to be responsible for the overall end-to-end management of the company’s cyber Security operations for corporate systems and financial systems in a multi-datacenter / multi-customer environment. This position will be required to develop and lead the Security Operations team in the execution of the company’s cyber security strategy for the delivery of secure, scalable infrastructure systems and services.
Works with management and other technical teams in support of PCI audits, NCUA field examinations, corporate audits, external audits, and high profile customer audits. Developing and implementing strategic, technical, and operational security/infrastructure controls that are properly aligned with business goals and objectives. Manages the Security Operations team responsible for maintaining security configurations for routers, switches and firewalls and for using applicable encryption methods. This role is also responsible for providing information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Manages, coordinates and prioritizes the schedules, projects and activities of direct reports.
- Develops the support structure of the organization, managing and developing existing staff as well as recruitment.
- Coordinates the implementation of security tools and secure infrastructure architectures to support transaction processing and internal initiatives, and implementation and support of transaction processing systems.
- Works with management to coordinate responses to information security control testing and vulnerability scans, audits and assessments, and implements practices to optimize this process across the organization for the proactive reduction of organizational risk.
- Responsible for managing security vendors including Approved Scanning Vendors, Managed Security Service Providers, and external pen test vendors.
- Oversees Company Information Security operations.
- Executes and improves the core functions of the Cybersecurity Operations Center, including: threat detection and prevention, incident response, systems and network security monitoring, forensics, vulnerability management, and data loss prevention at enterprise scale.
- Reviews computer security incident reports and anomalous activity of network and ensures ongoing proactive measures to mitigate risks as well as providing tier 1-2 escalation path for resolving security incidents.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining dashboards that monitor infrastructure security and DLP KPIs.
- Researches, develops, and keeps abreast of tools, techniques and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis.
- Serves as an internal information security consultant on information security projects/initiatives, automation of security testing.
- Participates in major new system implementation projects to ensure that appropriate security controls are built into systems prior to production cutover.
- Works closely with the IT Architecture team to design and implement automated security controls in DevOps methodology along with the associated tools and processes.
- Ensures ongoing system and network health checks on identified high risk network segments, systems, and applications as well as follow up remediation.
- Uses tools and techniques to collect, analyze and aggregate data loss prevention, security information event management, privileged account management, and data encryption.
- Ensures the monitoring of intrusion detection and security information management systems to discover and mitigate malicious activity on networks.
- Works with Investigation team(s) on serious security violations.
- Manages team to conduct root cause analysis for operational security issues.
- Drives process improvement and control implementation projects in coordination with the other Enterprise Information Service Teams.
- Acts as a catalyst for change to improve security processes that benefit the organization.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or 7 or more years of equivalent experience including at least 3 years of relevant supervisory experience required.
- In depth knowledge of PCI/DSS, SOC audits, and other industry audits.
- In depth knowledge of security processes.
- In depth knowledge of incident response and investigative procedures.
- In depth knowledge of security tools including Threat Detection, IPS/IDS, Encryption, Certificate Services, End Point Protection, Web application firewalls and SIEM technologies.
- In depth knowledge of Identity Access Management.
- Broad knowledge of enterprise systems, operating systems, and hardware platforms.
- Broad knowledge of storage technologies, local storage, Arrays, SAN’s, IP-Storage, NAS, File Systems.
- Broad Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure.
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to respond to political challenges.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish Enterprise objectives.
- This individual must have the ability to provide day-to-day management to Security personnel in an IT Department in multiple office and data center locations.
- Must be able to carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- This includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Must have the ability to work with individuals of all levels with varying technical skills. Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Why Join CO-OP?
Get ready to be part of the exciting, ever-evolving and growing credit union movement! As a CO-OP employee, you’ll have a chance to directly impact the access of financial opportunities to individuals and communities – and you’ll help drive the future of fintech at an energetic organization where contributions are valued, and innovation is championed.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
To apply for this job please visit careers-co-opfs.icims.com.
Please mention you found this job on infosec-jobs.com to help us get more companies to post here 🙂