- Trust & Security
- Mountain View, San Francisco
The Director of Security, New Product Initiatives is responsible for working with product teams across Mozilla to understand risk in our product offerings, establish company-wide security policies applicable across Mozilla’s product suite, and work with teams to put those policies into practice. In this position, you’ll lead initiatives that are essential to Mozilla’s success and to the company’s efforts to build a more secure, trusted Internet. You will focus on security in new products, such as those from Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies or Pocket teams. To cover the gamut of potential product security concerns, you should have an engineering background and hands-on experience in both software and ops security. You’ll need to have exceptional communication skills in order to surface risk organizationally and help Mozilla make decisions about that risk. You will also be called on to represent Mozilla externally, sharing Mozilla’s security vision at external engagements, as well as serving as a potential spokesperson during reactive security incidents.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct high level risk assessments of new product initiatives
- Initiate and lead security diligence and auditing
- Advisor & key decision maker concerning identified security risks
- Recommend additional security policies and practices
- Communicate risk and security decisions to executive leadership
- Lead company-wide security initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
- 7 – 10 years experience across both client software and infrastructure security
- Experience in security auditing, code review and security testing
- Familiarity with formulating and maintaining security policies and processes
- Technical expertise and working knowledge of a broad set of security tools and technology
- Ability to quickly assess risk and define diligence plans
- Ownership and Accountability
- High Level of Integrity
- Clear Communication
- Passionate about Security
- Ability to understand business objectives and risks
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.