What you’ll be doing…
This position will have the responsibility of developing and driving the implementation of the cyber security strategic plan, ensuring effective cyber security risk management practices, and engaging with the business leadership on a wide range of cyber security matters to achieve overall business objectives.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Information Risk Management and Cyber Security Strategy, you will:
- Develop and maintain corporate wide cyber security strategy working across Verizon to include resource management, investment allocations and identification of key risk programs and metrics that ensure strategy is being executed. Identify key cyber security reporting metrics across the business. Be responsible for corporate wide cyber security strategy development. Maintain and adjust strategy, both short and long term, based on changing threat and Verizon information security environment
- Business Engagement – will have responsibility for engaging with business leaders, on security matters ranging from policy and governance to security operations. Provide all administrative and tracking actions/collaboration activities in regards to the CISO interface with Business Unit Information Security Officers and the Information Security Officer Council. Lead and ensure coordination and consensus with other Verizon Business Unit security teams to align processes and procedures to ensure common approach to security, audit and compliance activities
- Effectively manage and develop the performance and growth of a team of employees across multiple functions.
- Ensure all processes and access are in line with corporate policies (GSAM, CPI810, etc.).
- Support internal and external audits.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree
- Six or more years of experience in IT, application development and support, and cyber security.
- Capability to interact and provide executive level communications to VPs, SVPs and CIOs.
- Experience in managing information security functions, strategy and risk within a large organization (Fortune 500 preferred.).
- Experience in strategy development and risk management.
- Ability to build strong, value added, relationships with our security, risk and CISO communities.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Capability to participate and lead executive dialogues in regards identity and access management.
- Experience creating and maintaining partnering relationships with business leaders at VP, SVP, CIO levels.
- Strong presentation skills along with the ability to handle multiple priorities and challenging situations.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Capability to form a strong partnership with CISO executive leadership.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.verizon.com.
Please mention you found this job on infosec-jobs.com to help us get more companies to post here 🙂