As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. #LI-POST
OpenText (formerly Guidance Software) is recognized worldwide as the industry leader in digital investigative solutions. Its EnCase® Enterprise platform is used by numerous government agencies, more than 65 percent of the Fortune 100, and more than 40 percent of the Fortune 500, to conduct digital investigations of servers, laptops, desktops, and mobile devices. Built on the EnCase Enterprise platform are market-leading electronic discovery and cyber security solutions, EnCase® eDiscovery and EnCase® Cybersecurity, which enable organizations to respond to litigation discovery requests, proactively perform data discovery for compliance purposes, and conduct speedy and thorough security incident response.
The Technical Analyst (TA) will provide technical assistance to external customers, and other departments via telephone, e-mail, interactive chat, and support portal message board. The TA’s primary responsibility is to directly support all incoming support channels and familiarize themselves with advanced-level technical concepts associated with the company product-line tools.
You are great at:
• Answering calls and email that align to the EnCase and EnCase Enterprise product sets.
• Troubleshoot EnCase error messages and how-to separate user training session versus legitimate product deficiencies.
• Demonstrate examples of effective customer communications and documentation of issues reported and worked
• Quickly acquire all departmental tools including CRM and bug tracking systems, telephony, and support portal software
• Utilize departmental resources including training videos, knowledge base articles, product documentation, etc.
• Build a virtual lab machine for troubleshooting customer issues
o Evaluating and benchmarking new hardware that can be used for testing new products released by OpenText
o Ensuring all lab equipment meets product specifications
• Respond to message board postings on the MySupport portal.
• Evaluate quality of message board posts and ensure messages are professional and informative
What it takes:
• Computer forensic methodology including investigations processes and legal precedence
• Knowledge of hardware and software write-blocking devices, including, LinEn, WinEn.EXE, and Tableau software and hardware devices.
• Strong knowledge of networking principles, including firewalls, switches and routers, domain administration, and general network topology
• Proficient with two of the following operating systems, in addition to all flavors of Microsoft Windows:
o *nix (OSX, BSD, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris)
o Linux (various flavors)
• At least 2 years spent in Technical Support role, or in a comparable environment or relevant experience working with customers on complex technical issues
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012 or 2016, familiarity with SQL queries and/or DB permissions management
• Knowledge of structure and administration of IBM Domino, MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, and Active Directory, including group policies and permissions management
• Advanced knowledge of computer forensic & eDiscovery methodologies
• Network+/MCSE/Linux+ RHCE certification
• EnCE certification
• EnCEP certification
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act