As a trusted advisor and leader in cybersecurity, Coalfire has more than 15 years in IT security services. We empower organizations to reduce risk and simplify compliance, while minimizing business disruptions. Our professionals are renowned for their technical expertise and unbiased assessments and advice. We recommend solutions to meet each client’s specific challenges and build long-term strategies that can help them identify, prevent, respond, and recover from security breaches and data theft. We’re on the cutting edge of one of the world’s most important industries, and we protect our clients from ever-evolving security threats through our innovative advisory, auditing, and ethical hacking solutions.
The Cyber Defense Consulting group is one of the fastest growing teams within Coalfire and is currently seeking Cyber Defense Engineers to work in our Reston, Seattle, Dallas and Denver offices. Current Cyber Defense engineers support clients ranging from the Fortune 50 to cutting-edge start-ups, presenting a wide variety of challenges and experiences as well as opportunities to travel across the U.S., Europe, and the Middle East.
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll be responsible for implementing a wide range of cyber defense offerings to clients across the commercial and Federal markets. Typical tasks include: installation and configuration of security tools, security hardening via compliance baselines, technical risk analysis of the security of information systems, consulting/advising of clients on how to meet compliance requirements and developing and executing roadmaps for remediating identified system vulnerabilities/deficiencies.
In this role, you will:
- Lead or assist engineering projects to implement security tools, compliance baselines, MFA, DLP, IDS/IPS, and centralized authentication solutions
- Create formal documentation such as reports, training material, slide decks, and architecture diagrams
- Communicate with customer stakeholders to include leadership, support teams, and system administrators
- Provide guidance to junior engineers and clients by advising on best-practices
- Function as a member of the engineering team participating in technical assessments and cyber advisory for a variety of clients in both commercial and federal markets
- Assess client security posture using automated tools and manual review of systems and architecture
- Participate in internal and external security trainings and conferences
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) in an IT-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to seven (3-7) years of work experience with system administration and cyber security
- Three to seven (3-7) years of experience with industry leading security tools
- Cloud environment experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Prior hands-on experience imaging, installing, patching, and configuring Windows/Linux operating systems and network devices
- Proficient knowledge of NIST-based compliance frameworks (FedRAMP, FISMA, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience working in or assessing FedRAMP, FISMA, or DoD systems
- Anti-Virus, DLP, IDS/IPS, or Multifactor Authentication (MFA) deployment experience
- Network Admin experience / certifications
- Database Admin experience / certifications
- Scripting experience (Python, PowerShell, bash, etc.)
- Industry certifications (CISSP, CEH, CASP, etc.)
Why you’ll want to join us
Passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and contribute. That’s what it takes to be a part of the Coalfire team. We work together to tackle the toughest cybersecurity challenges and help our clients become more secure and successful. We are trusted advisors who are committed to shaping our industry. At Coalfire, our people have the opportunity to expand their minds and skills, build meaningful relationships with the industry’s smartest minds, and have a direct impact on our company’s success.
Along with energetic culture and supportive environment, you’ll have the flexibility to balance your personal and work life and grow personally and professionally. We work hard, and we play hard – and the two often overlap. We host family-friendly events and happy hours along with professional meetups and informal networking sessions, and we’re active in our communities. Plus, we offer great benefits, including: [list of benefits]
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution
- Flexible paid time off (employees are encouraged to spend four weeks away from the office each year)
- A generous 401(k) plan
- A corporate wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee, and tasty beverages
Coalfire is an EEO employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers-coalfire.icims.com.
Please mention you found this job on infosec-jobs.com to help us get more companies to post here 🙂