Data Security DevOps Engineer Senior/Intermediate
Ann Arbor, MI
Full Time Mid-level / Intermediate USD 63K - 91K
How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are important submissions for the hiring team to get a sense of your experience. In the cover letter, in one page or less, please let us know how this role aligns with your career aspirations and skills. These materials will be used to assess written communication. Submit both a cover letter and resume as one file (because of system limitations).
Information and Technology Services (ITS) is looking for a Data Security Analyst Senior/Intermediate to join the Information Assurance department within ITS. As part of a growing, high performance team with expanding responsibilities, you will work in a very collaborative environment to improve the security posture of the University's most sensitive and essential assets and provide security services for university systems. This role will report to the Design and Engineering Manager.
For more information about ITS, please visit our website: http://its.umich.edu/
Who We Are
ITS supports U-M faculty, researchers, staff, and students in their use of technology to teach, learn, research, and work, and be leaders in their fields. We are dedicated to creating cohesive digital experiences and promoting university wide innovations. ITS works together to provide cohesive digital experiences and seamless support to the U-M community. For more information about Information Assurance, please visit our website: https://safecomputing.umich.edu.
Why Work at Michigan?
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Perform DevOps activities to automate and maintain daily operations and proposed improvements of security tools including commercial off the shelf and custom developed tools to support Information Assurance security capabilities
- Support vulnerability scanning and management
- Perform sensitive data discovery
- Analyze application security capabilities to understand customer requirements
- Support commercially available applications, including Tenable.io, and some custom developed applications by patching, upgrading, and monitoring for and resolving availability
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education, certification and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years information technology experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience applying security related technologies, practices, or services
- Experience with Python, C#, or other programming languages
- Experience automating routine tasks using Python or Powershell
- Experience with fundamental Operating Systems or TCP/IP Networking concepts
- Familiarity with fundamental information security concepts including: Authentication, Authorization and Encryption
- Familiarity with vulnerability management
- Familiarity with penetration testing
Normal amount of sitting, average mobility to move around an office environment; able to conduct normal amounts of work at a computer; travel to various locations on and off campus. Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required. May require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends.
UM- ITS welcomes a healthy applicant pool so we encourage all interested applicants to apply. This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely. More information on this new policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs